Re: Help with List files

  • merton_monk <merton_monk@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
      > On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote
      >
      > > Not to sound snarky, but it's not a deity from the SRD version
      (the
      > > one included in PCGen) of the PHB, is it?
      >
      > Nope, and I have yet to find one that DID come with PCGen.
      > >
      > > Take a look for customdeities.lst (I believe that's the filename,
      > > anyway... I don't use the editors for the most part. I craft my
      LSTs
      > > by hand.)
      > >
      > Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the deity I
      created
      > is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?

      It should.

      -Bryan

      > --
      > Marc da Puma
    • Master Cougar
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
        On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote

        >> Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the deity I
        > created
        >> is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?
        >
        > It should.

        Great, and it did! Okay, one more thing. Why is the standard by
        system for Abilities not part of PCGen? I use it to make characters for
        LG and I had to manually set the point buy system.

        --
        Marc da Puma
      • merton_monk <merton_monk@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
          > On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote
          >
          > >> Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the
          deity I
          > > created
          > >> is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?
          > >
          > > It should.
          > >

          > Great, and it did! Okay, one more thing. Why is the standard
          by
          > system for Abilities not part of PCGen? I use it to make characters
          for
          > LG and I had to manually set the point buy system.

          The point buy system is not in the SRD (standard resource document),
          since PCGen is OGL compliant we could not include a point buy system
          by default. Fortunately you should only need to define the point-buy
          settings once.

          -Bryan

          > --
          > Marc da Puma
        • Master Cougar
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
            On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote

            > The point buy system is not in the SRD (standard resource document),
            > since PCGen is OGL compliant we could not include a point buy system
            > by default. Fortunately you should only need to define the point-buy
            > settings once.

            True, I forgot about the SRD. While it is true that one has to set
            the point settings only once, unless one uses different types, it is
            rather a painful process.

            --
            Marc da Puma