Re: [pcgen] Help with List files

  • Master Cougar
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
      On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote

      > Not to sound snarky, but it's not a deity from the SRD version (the
      > one included in PCGen) of the PHB, is it?

      Nope, and I have yet to find one that DID come with PCGen.

      > Take a look for customdeities.lst (I believe that's the filename,
      > anyway... I don't use the editors for the most part. I craft my LSTs
      > by hand.)

      Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the deity I created
      is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?

      --
      Marc da Puma
    • merton_monk <merton_monk@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
        > On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote
        >
        > > Not to sound snarky, but it's not a deity from the SRD version
        (the
        > > one included in PCGen) of the PHB, is it?
        >
        > Nope, and I have yet to find one that DID come with PCGen.
        > >
        > > Take a look for customdeities.lst (I believe that's the filename,
        > > anyway... I don't use the editors for the most part. I craft my
        LSTs
        > > by hand.)
        > >
        > Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the deity I
        created
        > is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?

        It should.

        -Bryan

        > --
        > Marc da Puma
      • Master Cougar
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
          On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote

          >> Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the deity I
          > created
          >> is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?
          >
          > It should.

          Great, and it did! Okay, one more thing. Why is the standard by
          system for Abilities not part of PCGen? I use it to make characters for
          LG and I had to manually set the point buy system.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
            > On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote
            >
            > >> Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the
            deity I
            > > created
            > >> is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?
            > >
            > > It should.
            > >

            > Great, and it did! Okay, one more thing. Why is the standard
            by
            > system for Abilities not part of PCGen? I use it to make characters
            for
            > LG and I had to manually set the point buy system.

            The point buy system is not in the SRD (standard resource document),
            since PCGen is OGL compliant we could not include a point buy system
            by default. Fortunately you should only need to define the point-buy
            settings once.

            -Bryan

            > --
            > Marc da Puma
          • Master Cougar
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
              On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote

              > The point buy system is not in the SRD (standard resource document),
              > since PCGen is OGL compliant we could not include a point buy system
              > by default. Fortunately you should only need to define the point-buy
              > settings once.

              True, I forgot about the SRD. While it is true that one has to set
              the point settings only once, unless one uses different types, it is
              rather a painful process.

              --
              Marc da Puma