Printing and Exporting Problem in 4.2.5

  • Craig Shaw
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
      Greetings.
      Just downloaded 4.2.5, and still can’t export or print any characters. When
      the “Print a PC or Party” dialogue box pops up, there are no templates
      available in the right-hand pane. I checked the directory structure, and the
      templates are there, but not being displayed in the dialogue box.
      Any ideas?
      I checked the archive but came up dry.
      Craig

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
        Delete the options.ini file in your PCGen directory and re-start PCGen.

        Barak
        Output Sheet Chimp
        LST Gibbon

        > Just downloaded 4.2.5, and still can't export or print any characters. When
        > the "Print a PC or Party" dialogue box pops up, there are no templates
        > available in the right-hand pane. I checked the directory structure, and
        the
        > templates are there, but not being displayed in the dialogue box.
        > Any ideas?
        > I checked the archive but came up dry.
        > Craig
      • Craig Shaw
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
          Barak,

          Gave it a shot, no joy. Any other ideas?

          Craig

          > Just downloaded 4.2.5, and still can't export or print any characters.
          When
          > the "Print a PC or Party" dialogue box pops up, there are no templates
          > available in the right-hand pane. I checked the directory structure, and
          the
          > templates are there, but not being displayed in the dialogue box.
          > Any ideas?
          > I checked the archive but came up dry.
          > Craig

        • Barak
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
            Hmmm... Oops.

            Looking at what I posted to you, I seem to have implied that you should
            delete the file while PCGen was running. Not so.

            Did you delete it while PCGen was running? If you were that may be the
            difficulty. PCGen writes that file on exit, so if you deleted it while
            running it would re-write itself with the old, incorrect info.

            Try deleting it while PCGen is NOT running, and then start up and see if
            all is better.

            Barak
            Output Sheet Chimp
            LST Gibbon

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
              Barak,

              Thanks, you da man. I thought it was shut down the last time, but obviously
              not. Works like a charm now.

              Thanks sir!

              Craig

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003