Re: [pcgen] Help with List files

  • Timothy J. Lanza
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
      At 12:44 AM 1/2/2003, Marc Da Puma wrote:
      > I am about to give up. I load up PCGen, I load up the core stuff
      >for D&D. Then I click on Tools: Lst Editors and choose Diety. I then create
      >a new diety. But now what? I look at phbdeities.lst and it's not there.

      Not to sound snarky, but it's not a deity from the SRD version (the one included in PCGen) of the PHB, is it?

      Take a look for customdeities.lst (I believe that's the filename, anyway... I don't use the editors for the most part. I craft my LSTs by hand.)

      --
      Timothy J. Lanza
    • Master Cougar
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
        On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote

        > Not to sound snarky, but it's not a deity from the SRD version (the
        > one included in PCGen) of the PHB, is it?

        Nope, and I have yet to find one that DID come with PCGen.

        > Take a look for customdeities.lst (I believe that's the filename,
        > anyway... I don't use the editors for the most part. I craft my LSTs
        > by hand.)

        Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the deity I created
        is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?

        --
        Marc da Puma
      • merton_monk <merton_monk@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Master Cougar <mastercougar@s...> wrote:
          > On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote
          >
          > > Not to sound snarky, but it's not a deity from the SRD version
          (the
          > > one included in PCGen) of the PHB, is it?
          >
          > Nope, and I have yet to find one that DID come with PCGen.
          > >
          > > Take a look for customdeities.lst (I believe that's the filename,
          > > anyway... I don't use the editors for the most part. I craft my
          LSTs
          > > by hand.)
          > >
          > Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the deity I
          created
          > is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?

          It should.

          -Bryan

          > --
          > Marc da Puma
        • Master Cougar
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
            On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote

            >> Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the deity I
            > created
            >> is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?
            >
            > It should.

            Great, and it did! Okay, one more thing. Why is the standard by
            system for Abilities not part of PCGen? I use it to make characters for
            LG and I had to manually set the point buy system.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Master Cougar <mastercougar@s...> wrote:
              > On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote
              >
              > >> Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the
              deity I
              > > created
              > >> is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?
              > >
              > > It should.
              > >

              > Great, and it did! Okay, one more thing. Why is the standard
              by
              > system for Abilities not part of PCGen? I use it to make characters
              for
              > LG and I had to manually set the point buy system.

              The point buy system is not in the SRD (standard resource document),
              since PCGen is OGL compliant we could not include a point buy system
              by default. Fortunately you should only need to define the point-buy
              settings once.

              -Bryan

              > --
              > Marc da Puma
            • Master Cougar
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
                On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote

                > The point buy system is not in the SRD (standard resource document),
                > since PCGen is OGL compliant we could not include a point buy system
                > by default. Fortunately you should only need to define the point-buy
                > settings once.

                True, I forgot about the SRD. While it is true that one has to set
                the point settings only once, unless one uses different types, it is
                rather a painful process.

                --
                Marc da Puma