Help with List files

  • Marc Da Puma
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
      Hello,
      I am about to give up. I load up PCGen, I load up the core stuff
      for D&D. Then I click on Tools: Lst Editors and choose Diety. I then create
      a new diety. But now what? I look at phbdeities.lst and it's not there.

      --
      Marc
      Dare to be naive.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
        At 12:44 AM 1/2/2003, Marc Da Puma wrote:
        > I am about to give up. I load up PCGen, I load up the core stuff
        >for D&D. Then I click on Tools: Lst Editors and choose Diety. I then create
        >a new diety. But now what? I look at phbdeities.lst and it's not there.

        Not to sound snarky, but it's not a deity from the SRD version (the one included in PCGen) of the PHB, is it?

        Take a look for customdeities.lst (I believe that's the filename, anyway... I don't use the editors for the most part. I craft my LSTs by hand.)

        --
        Timothy J. Lanza
      • Master Cougar
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
          On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote

          > Not to sound snarky, but it's not a deity from the SRD version (the
          > one included in PCGen) of the PHB, is it?

          Nope, and I have yet to find one that DID come with PCGen.

          > Take a look for customdeities.lst (I believe that's the filename,
          > anyway... I don't use the editors for the most part. I craft my LSTs
          > by hand.)

          Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the deity I created
          is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?

          --
          Marc da Puma
        • merton_monk <merton_monk@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
            > On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote
            >
            > > Not to sound snarky, but it's not a deity from the SRD version
            (the
            > > one included in PCGen) of the PHB, is it?
            >
            > Nope, and I have yet to find one that DID come with PCGen.
            > >
            > > Take a look for customdeities.lst (I believe that's the filename,
            > > anyway... I don't use the editors for the most part. I craft my
            LSTs
            > > by hand.)
            > >
            > Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the deity I
            created
            > is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?

            It should.

            -Bryan

            > --
            > Marc da Puma
          • Master Cougar
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
              On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote

              >> Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the deity I
              > created
              >> is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?
              >
              > It should.

              Great, and it did! Okay, one more thing. Why is the standard by
              system for Abilities not part of PCGen? I use it to make characters for
              LG and I had to manually set the point buy system.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
                > On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote
                >
                > >> Okay, found it, in Data, Customsources and yes, the
                deity I
                > > created
                > >> is there. Weird. Will this load automatically now?
                > >
                > > It should.
                > >

                > Great, and it did! Okay, one more thing. Why is the standard
                by
                > system for Abilities not part of PCGen? I use it to make characters
                for
                > LG and I had to manually set the point buy system.

                The point buy system is not in the SRD (standard resource document),
                since PCGen is OGL compliant we could not include a point buy system
                by default. Fortunately you should only need to define the point-buy
                settings once.

                -Bryan

                > --
                > Marc da Puma
              • Master Cougar
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
                  On 02 Jan 2003, you wrote

                  > The point buy system is not in the SRD (standard resource document),
                  > since PCGen is OGL compliant we could not include a point buy system
                  > by default. Fortunately you should only need to define the point-buy
                  > settings once.

                  True, I forgot about the SRD. While it is true that one has to set
                  the point settings only once, unless one uses different types, it is
                  rather a painful process.

                  --
                  Marc da Puma