minor bug: metamagic

  • TheLoonie <theloonieoutkast@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
      i seem to be having a problem with adding metamagic enhanced spells
      to my charactors spellbook.. have tried with wiz/cleric/sorcerer/and
      bard, i am wondering if this is an issue with pcgen itself, or if my
      computer is being screwie again... thanks again for all your hard work
    • Timothy J. Lanza
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
        At 09:15 PM 1/1/2003, TheLoonie <theloonieoutkast@...> wrote:
        >i seem to be having a problem with adding metamagic enhanced spells
        >to my charactors spellbook.. have tried with wiz/cleric/sorcerer/and
        >bard, i am wondering if this is an issue with pcgen itself, or if my
        >computer is being screwie again... thanks again for all your hard work

        Metamagic spells do not go into your spell book; they can go in your Prepared Spells.

        --
        Timothy J. Lanza
      • TheLoonie <theloonieoutkast@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Timothy J. Lanza" <tjlanza@p...> wrote:
          > Metamagic spells do not go into your spell book; they can go in
          your Prepared Spells.

          i know that... what im saying is that it wont let me add them at
          all... not in prepared or in known, the error message i get is "no
          memorized spells in known spells" and yes i have tried adding both
          spells i have and dont have in my book allready, it cant be a
          conflict with not enought spells of the approprate lvl because im
          trying it with fresh charectors and its not even letting me choose
          the metamagic feat to add (for referance i've been trying to make it
          work with chars that i bumped the int/wis/cha to anywhere from 18-30
          to see if that would help)
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
            Just to make sure, you've actually

            1) put in a new spellbook name at the top of the spell tab on the right
            panel
            2) and hit the "add" button
            3) selected the new spellbook name when it appears on the list below
            (IMPORTANT)
            4) tried to put spells in it

            This worked for me...

            It sounds like you didn't select the spellbook and tried to put it into
            your know spells by mistake.

            Barak
            Output Sheet Chimp
            LST Gibbon

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
              > Just to make sure, you've actually
              >
              > 1) put in a new spellbook name at the top of the spell tab on the
              right
              > panel
              > 2) and hit the "add" button
              > 3) selected the new spellbook name when it appears on the list below
              > (IMPORTANT)
              > 4) tried to put spells in it
              >
              > This worked for me...
              >
              > It sounds like you didn't select the spellbook and tried to put it
              into
              > your know spells by mistake.
              >
              > Barak
              > Output Sheet Chimp
              > LST Gibbon

              That is what i have been trying... well i am going to assume that
              this is an issue with my comp and leave it at that... bout time to
              clean the hard drive anyway... thanks