Selfmade Datafiles

  • greyfax77 <greyfax77@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
      Hi
      Is it possible to create lst-files for d20 products, as the new
      version of pcgen does not contain all of the current available
      products.
      If it is possible, are there templates for correct typing or how
      works the converter to lst-files.
      Thanks in advance for your answers.

      Greetings
      Greyfax
    • Timothy J. Lanza
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
        At 04:45 PM 1/1/2003, greyfax77 <greyfax77@...> wrote:
        >Is it possible to create lst-files for d20 products, as the new
        >version of pcgen does not contain all of the current available
        >products.

        Yep. It's not even all that hard, just requires a lot of reading. Take a look at the docs directory in whichever folder you unzipped PCGen to.

        >If it is possible, are there templates for correct typing or how
        >works the converter to lst-files.

        There are tag examples in the aforementioned documentation.

        As for the converter, it only translates pre-existing files (of an older format) to a newer format. It doesn't help create new files.

        --
        Timothy J. Lanza
      • Pete Houtekier
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
          > As for the converter, it only translates pre-existing files (of an older
          > format) to a newer format. It doesn't help create new files.

          Where could one get this translator of older format files?

          -Pete
        • Timothy J. Lanza
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
            At 06:15 PM 1/1/2003, Pete Houtekier wrote:
            >> As for the converter, it only translates pre-existing files (of an older
            >> format) to a newer format. It doesn't help create new files.
            >
            >Where could one get this translator of older format files?

            It's built in, under the Tools menu.

            --
            Timothy J. Lanza