Re: [pcgen] Newbie needing help

  • Timothy J. Lanza
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2002
      At 03:41 PM 12/31/2002, Jeff wrote:
      >Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I just found PCGen and downloaded it. My question is, is there a manul on how to run it? I can't get it to do anything.

      Because it's not a standard compiled Windows application (or any other OS, for that matter), but a Java application, there is no commonly recognizable application executable. The file you're looking for is pcgen.jar; if you're using windows, you can use pcgen.bat too.

      If those do nothing, chances are that you don't have the Java Runtime Environment installed. If you need that, wander over to http://sun.java.com/ and download the 1.4.x (I'm not sure what the current/best "x" is) JRE.

      --
      Timothy J. Lanza
    • Eric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2002
        At 15:41 2002.12.31, Jeff wrote:
        >Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I just found PCGen and downloaded it. My question is, is there a manul on how to run it? I can't get it to do anything.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >Jeff

        When you unzip pcgen424_part3of3.zip, it should create a docs directory somewhere. Just open the file indexmain.htm to get the "manual".

        >[snip.]
        >
        >"A pessimist is a man who looks both ways when he's crossing a one-way street." - Laurence J. Peter, Canadian-born educator and author of "The Peter Principle"

        M. Peter obviously never came to Montreal. We look both ways here becase the cars come equiped with a reverse gear :-).

        √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
        <mailto:beaudoer@...>