Deities

  • Marc Da Puma
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 31, 2002
      Hello,
      I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to
      save my deities. I created a cleric and then using Tools LST editor I
      created a deity. When I reload the character I get the message that the
      deity can't be found.

      --
      Marc
      Dare to be naive.
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 2, 2003
        I'm trying to make a deity file. All follow this format -

        Memnone DESC:Weather (Female)
        ALIGN:CN DEITYWEAP:Longbow
        DOMAINS:Air, Animal, Combat, Creation, Divination, Earth,
        Fire, Guardian, Healing, Necromantic, Plant, Protection, Summoning,
        Sun, Time, Travel, Water, Weather
        FOLLOWERALIGN:345678 CSKILL:Weather Sense
        LANGAUTO:Memnone
        PRERACE:Aarakocra| Centaur| Yeshanisti| Drow| Nesitan|
        Zaltiran| Inteysta| Nirana| Sylvantar| Gnome| Goblin| Gypsy| Half
        Elf - Yeshanisti| Half Elf - Drow| Half Elf - Nesitan| Half Elf -
        Zaltiran| Half Elf - Inteysta| Half Elf - Sylvantar| Hyrfet| Jarin|
        Sliter| Tiflo| Hobgoblin| Human| Slisthidri| Satyr| Pixin| Harlarv|
        Nerrever| Ralgrav| Sherrara| Zakhara

        However, when I roll up a character that is a chaotic neutral human
        cleric, I don't seem to meet the prereqs for Memnone. What am I
        doing wrong?
      • David
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 2, 2003
          Are the "blanks" after the pipes (|) really spaces? If so, that may be
          the problem.

          -- david

          > PRERACE:Aarakocra| Centaur| Yeshanisti| Drow| Nesitan|
          > Zaltiran| Inteysta| Nirana| Sylvantar| Gnome| Goblin| Gypsy| Half
          > Elf - Yeshanisti| Half Elf - Drow| Half Elf - Nesitan| Half Elf -
          > Zaltiran| Half Elf - Inteysta| Half Elf - Sylvantar| Hyrfet| Jarin|
          > Sliter| Tiflo| Hobgoblin| Human| Slisthidri| Satyr| Pixin| Harlarv|
          > Nerrever| Ralgrav| Sherrara| Zakhara
        • Timothy J. Lanza
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 2, 2003
            At 07:16 PM 1/2/2003, darohtep <scribeofrakesh@...> wrote:
            >I'm trying to make a deity file. All follow this format -

            <Snip!>

            >PRERACE:Aarakocra| Centaur| Yeshanisti| Drow| Nesitan|
            >Zaltiran| Inteysta| Nirana| Sylvantar| Gnome| Goblin| Gypsy| Half
            >Elf - Yeshanisti| Half Elf - Drow| Half Elf - Nesitan| Half Elf -
            >Zaltiran| Half Elf - Inteysta| Half Elf - Sylvantar| Hyrfet| Jarin|
            >Sliter| Tiflo| Hobgoblin| Human| Slisthidri| Satyr| Pixin| Harlarv|
            >Nerrever| Ralgrav| Sherrara| Zakhara
            >

            >However, when I roll up a character that is a chaotic neutral human
            >cleric, I don't seem to meet the prereqs for Memnone. What am I
            >doing wrong?

            Those leading spaces are probably your problem. Take a look at the example in the documentation. No leading spaces before the pipes.

            --
            Timothy J. Lanza
          • Jonathan M. Thompson
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 2, 2003
              I also found that if you don’t close and reopen PCGen it doesn’t take.

              Jonathan M. Thompson
              President, Battlefield Press, Inc.(http://www.battlefieldpress.com)
              jthompson@...
              Corporate Supers (A Metahuman Sourcebook for Cityscape) - Available
              January 2003

              Are the "blanks" after the pipes (|) really spaces? If so, that may be
              the problem.

              -- david

              > PRERACE:Aarakocra| Centaur| Yeshanisti| Drow| Nesitan|
              > Zaltiran| Inteysta| Nirana| Sylvantar| Gnome| Goblin| Gypsy| Half
              > Elf - Yeshanisti| Half Elf - Drow| Half Elf - Nesitan| Half Elf -
              > Zaltiran| Half Elf - Inteysta| Half Elf - Sylvantar| Hyrfet| Jarin|
              > Sliter| Tiflo| Hobgoblin| Human| Slisthidri| Satyr| Pixin| Harlarv|
              > Nerrever| Ralgrav| Sherrara| Zakhara

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              ---
              Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

              ---
            • gildoggydogg <sgilroy2@woh.rr.com>
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 3, 2003
                That's because PCGen caches...you'll notice that you have to close and
                re-open with any changes you make to the files, wether it be editing
                an existing file or creating new files/directories.

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan M. Thompson" <jthompson@b...>
                wrote:
                > I also found that if you don't close and reopen PCGen it doesn't take.
                >
                > Jonathan M. Thompson
                > President, Battlefield Press, Inc.(http://www.battlefieldpress.com)
                > jthompson@b...
                > Corporate Supers (A Metahuman Sourcebook for Cityscape) - Available
                > January 2003
              • craiglew79
                Message 7 of 17 , May 27, 2003
                  I just downloaded the latest edition of pc gen, and all I've got in
                  the "Domains" listing is: "None", or "Viraxis". On another machine
                  at work, I've got version 3.something, and I've got every deity from
                  DnD, Greyhawk, and Forgotten Relms. Where/How do I/can I get an
                  upload for the latest edition of pc gen?

                  -Lew
                • chris
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 27, 2003
                    They are not part of the SRD.... I am hopeing the Deitys and Demigods
                    will be put out soon...

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "craiglew79" <craiglew79@y...> wrote:
                    > I just downloaded the latest edition of pc gen, and all I've got in
                    > the "Domains" listing is: "None", or "Viraxis". On another machine
                    > at work, I've got version 3.something, and I've got every deity
                    from
                    > DnD, Greyhawk, and Forgotten Relms. Where/How do I/can I get an
                    > upload for the latest edition of pc gen?
                    >
                    > -Lew
                  • Tir Gwaith
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 27, 2003
                      Go to http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com They will be putting out sets
                      with the IP deities.

                      Tir Gwaith
                      CMP PCGen Content Manager

                      > I just downloaded the latest edition of pc gen, and all I've got in
                      > the "Domains" listing is: "None", or "Viraxis". On another machine
                      > at work, I've got version 3.something, and I've got every deity from
                      > DnD, Greyhawk, and Forgotten Relms. Where/How do I/can I get an
                      > upload for the latest edition of pc gen?
                      >
                      > -Lew
                    • Paul W. King
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 28, 2003
                        > They are not part of the SRD.... I am hopeing the Deitys and
                        > Demigods will be put out soon...

                        Well, while Anthony Valterra was still an agent of WotC, he mentioned
                        on ENWorld's messageboards (
                        http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?
                        s=&threadid=49231#post863542 ) that both ELH and D&Dg would be
                        hitting the SRD. From the message, it looks to be about the same
                        time 3.5 comes out. However, the gods in D&Dg will probably not make
                        it into the SRD. Granted, the mythological deities are public
                        domain, but WotC's interpretations of them, in the D&D sense, are
                        their copyright. Code Monkey Publishing (
                        http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com ) will be publishing many, if not
                        all, of WotC's closed contents books, which will include the
                        deities. Go to their site for more information.

                        Paul W. King
                        OGL/PL SB and BoD
                      • Marcus
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 11, 2010
                          All,

                          Sorry for what is most likely going to be an already answered question, but after a quick search I didn't see anything so...

                          I like to play clerics, I also generally like to give my cleric a deity, that just be a generic cleric. If I want to assign the cleric to a specific deity (eg... Clangeddin, Silvanus, Mielikki) I'll have to manually enter the appropriate deity and his/her stats?

                          Again I apologize for most likely beating a dead horse, but I just recently re-installed the app after a couple of years away from it.
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 11, 2010

                            On 3/11/2010 2:59 PM, Marcus wrote:
                            > All,
                            >
                            > Sorry for what is most likely going to be an already answered question, but after a quick search I didn't see anything so...
                            >
                            > I like to play clerics, I also generally like to give my cleric a deity, that just be a generic cleric. If I want to assign the cleric to a specific deity (eg... Clangeddin, Silvanus, Mielikki) I'll have to manually enter the appropriate deity and his/her stats?

                            Yes, if you want any choice beyond "None", then you will have to enter
                            the Deity in question. Getting help with that would be the job of the
                            PCGen List File Help Yahoo group. Link in footer of this post/message.
                            > Again I apologize for most likely beating a dead horse, but I just recently re-installed the app after a couple of years away from it.

                            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                          • Eric C Smith
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 11, 2010
                              Hi Folks!

                              Marcus wrote:
                              > Sorry for what is most likely going to be an already answered
                              > question, but after a quick search I didn't see anything so...
                              >
                              > I like to play clerics, I also generally like to give my cleric a
                              > deity, that just be a generic cleric. If I want to assign the cleric
                              > to a specific deity (eg... Clangeddin, Silvanus, Mielikki) I'll have
                              > to manually enter the appropriate deity and his/her stats?
                              >
                              > Again I apologize for most likely beating a dead horse, but I just
                              > recently re-installed the app after a couple of years away from it.

                              If you look in the LST File Class section of the docs you'll find a
                              LST FIle class for Deities.

                              In general, the Deities are one of the easiest of the LST Files to
                              create.

                              Maredudd
                            • James Dempsey
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 11, 2010

                                On 12 March 2010 10:33, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
                                > Hi,
                                >
                                > On 3/11/2010 2:59 PM, Marcus wrote:
                                >> All,
                                >>
                                >> Sorry for what is most likely going to be an already answered question, but after a quick search I didn't see anything so...
                                >>
                                >> I like to play clerics, I also generally like to give my cleric a deity, that just be a generic cleric.  If I want to assign the cleric to a specific deity (eg... Clangeddin, Silvanus, Mielikki) I'll have to manually enter the appropriate deity and his/her stats?
                                >>

                                > Yes, if you want any choice beyond "None", then you will have to enter
                                > the Deity in question. Getting help with that would be the job of the
                                > PCGen List File Help Yahoo group. Link in footer of this post/message.

                                Is that just for 3e and 35e? Do we have deities entered for Pathfinder?

                                James Dempsey
                                PCGen Code SB
                              • Eddy Anthony
                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 11, 2010
                                  James Dempsey scribed:

                                  >>> I like to play clerics, I also generally like to give my cleric a deity,
                                  >>> that just be a generic cleric.  If I want to assign the cleric to a specific
                                  >>> deity (eg... Clangeddin, Silvanus, Mielikki) I'll have to manually enter the
                                  >>> appropriate deity and his/her stats?
                                  >>>

                                  >> Yes, if you want any choice beyond "None", then you will have to enter
                                  >> the Deity in question. Getting help with that would be the job of the
                                  >> PCGen List File Help Yahoo group. Link in footer of this post/message.
                                  >
                                  > Is that just for 3e and 35e? Do we have deities entered for Pathfinder?

                                  We do. All the deities from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook are in the dataset.
                                  --
                                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                                  ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Mar 12, 2010
                                    >> Is that just for 3e and 35e? Do we have deities entered for Pathfinder?
                                    >
                                    > We do. All the deities from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook are in the dataset.

                                    Deities are usually the intellectual property of a publisher, so
                                    normally we can't include them. In Paizo's case we have the permission
                                    to use their IP names, so we can actaully include a deities list in our
                                    Pathfinder datasets. Wizards of the Coast is less liberal in these kind
                                    of issues, so we cannot include their protected names.

                                    Regards,
                                    Stefan.