[2.2.4] OS Suggestions

  • jeff.kelly@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 29, 2002
      Hi Folks.

      I just finished testing 2.2.4 and I have several suggestions regarding
      the output sheets.

      1. The new weapon boxes are cool, but the individual boxes are too
      small. I have a level 17 monk with four attacks and they won't fit in
      the respective boxes. Why not make different boxes for weapons which
      can't be used two-handed? (Or at least make the to-hit boxes bigger so
      that five attacks fit)

      2. Improved critical is not reflected on the OS. If I choose the feat
      improved critical, the critical on the OS stays the same. (So when the
      crit is 20/x2 it stays 20/x2 even when i take IC)

      3. It would be very nice if you could mark all skills which can be used
      untrained (maybe with a little black box like on the wizards character
      sheet) and include them on the OS. In the current setup only those
      skills show up on the OS which have skillpoints assigned to them. This
      is quite annoying. I need to know which skills I can use untrained.

      4. Is there a way to only include those boxes which are used? For
      example I do not have wands or staves but the "Charges" box still
      appears on my OS.

      5. Feats which have the SA Tag show up twice on the OS (in the feats box
      and in the special abilities box). Is there a way to include them only
      once? (preferably as feats and not as SA because as SA the DESC: Tag
      won't work)

      Thats all for now

      Regards

      Christian
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 29, 2002
        Hi Jeff,

        I'll only pick up on the parts of your email that I know about. Others will
        no doubt respond to your other points.

        > I just finished testing 2.2.4 and I have several suggestions regarding
        > the output sheets.
        >
        > 1. The new weapon boxes are cool, but the individual boxes are too
        > small. I have a level 17 monk with four attacks and they won't fit in
        > the respective boxes. Why not make different boxes for weapons which
        > can't be used two-handed? (Or at least make the to-hit boxes bigger so
        > that five attacks fit)
        >
        > 2. Improved critical is not reflected on the OS. If I choose the feat
        > improved critical, the critical on the OS stays the same. (So when the
        > crit is 20/x2 it stays 20/x2 even when I take IC)

        I believe these output sheets were a pre-release version that still need
        some polishing. Does the crit problem appear on other sheets?

        > 3. It would be very nice if you could mark all skills which can be used
        > untrained (maybe with a little black box like on the wizards character
        > sheet) and include them on the OS. In the current setup only those
        > skills show up on the OS which have skillpoints assigned to them. This
        > is quite annoying. I need to know which skills I can use untrained.

        On the skills tab at the bottom right there is a drop-down entitled "Include
        skills". Set it to untrained, and it will do what you want.

        > 4. Is there a way to only include those boxes which are used? For
        > example I do not have wands or staves but the "Charges" box still
        > appears on my OS.
        >
        > 5. Feats which have the SA Tag show up twice on the OS (in the feats box
        > and in the special abilities box). Is there a way to include them only
        > once? (preferably as feats and not as SA because as SA the DESC: Tag
        > won't work)
        >
        > Thats all for now

        James Dempsey
        JDempsey@...
        PCGEN Code Monkey
      • Eric Beaudoin
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 29, 2002
          At 20:51 2002.12.29, jeff.kelly@... wrote:
          >5. Feats which have the SA Tag show up twice on the OS (in the feats box
          >and in the special abilities box). Is there a way to include them only
          >once? (preferably as feats and not as SA because as SA the DESC: Tag
          >won't work)

          Normally, the SA tags used with FEAT are eighter different or the feat is not visible on the CSHEET. We have to do that for feats that cannot be implemented any other way i.e. we have to put a SA to tell what is happening. We also use VFEAT with VISIBLE:NO as building block that can be use by multiple entries.

          The first goes away over time when new functionnality is added to PCGEN but sometime it takes time to clean-up the .lst. I do not thing it will ever entirely go away.

          Expect to see more of the second time as we go along. It's to damn useful. Also, if we use one invisible VFEAT for a SA instead of having multiple SA:<text> in multiple files, it makes the .lst files easier to maintain and would make an eventual localisation of the files also easier.

          Hope that clarified things a bit for you.

          Best

          Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
          <mailto:beaudoer@...>
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 29, 2002
            I see others have already replied to some of this, so I'll tackle the
            rest.

            When it is all ironed out, there will be different boxes for ranged,
            melee and exotic weapons.

            Right now we can't do a sort based on whether a wepon gets a two-handed
            attack.

            Either way, I'll look into making 4 attacks fit per box.

            > 2. Improved critical is not reflected on the OS. If I choose
            > the feat improved critical, the critical on the OS stays the
            > same. (So when the crit is 20/x2 it stays 20/x2 even when i take IC)

            This appears to be a bug in the program itself... I'm not sure if it's
            with the export token or elsewhere. We'll look into it.

            > 4. Is there a way to only include those boxes which are used?
            > For example I do not have wands or staves but the "Charges"
            > box still appears on my OS.

            Which sheet? What type character? I do no see this behavior here.

            Thanks,

            Barak
            Output Sheet Chimp
            LST Gibbon
          • Barak
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 29, 2002

              I don't know what it was... I re-tested and it works now.

              What weapon were you applying it to? What type of character?

              Barak
              Output Sheet Chimp
              LST Gibbon
            • jeff.kelly@t-online.de
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 29, 2002
                > What weapon were you applying it to? What type of character?

                Applied it to unarmed strike. Character was a monk with three levels as
                tattooed monk (i have my own lst files for that prestige class)
                Everything worked fine with 2.2.1 and the old OS.

                Regards

                Christian
              • jeff.kelly@t-online.de
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 29, 2002
                  > > 4. Is there a way to only include those boxes which are used?
                  > > For example I do not have wands or staves but the "Charges"
                  > > box still appears on my OS.
                  >
                  > Which sheet? What type character? I do no see this behavior here.

                  Cheet_dnd_std.fo. Character is a monk. Only the heading of the charges
                  box appears though.

                  Regards

                  Christian
                • Barak
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 30, 2002
                    Ok, checking here, it works fine. Went from 20/x2 to 19-20/x2.

                    There was a recent change to use the WEAPONPROF tag (I'm not sure how
                    recent), so your LST files may need an update.

                    Check the Improved Critical in the phbfeats.lst. The bonus should be
                    BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITRANGEDOUBLE|1.

                    Barak
                    Output Sheet Chimp
                    LST Gibbon

                  • Barak
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 30, 2002
                      Could you upload your .pcg file to the need help with section?

                      I cannot duplicate this problem here at all.

                      Thanks.

                      Barak
                      Output Sheet Chimp
                      LST Gibbon

                    • Emily Smirle
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 30, 2002
                        Barak wrote:
                        > Ok, checking here, it works fine. Went from 20/x2 to 19-20/x2.
                        >
                        > There was a recent change to use the WEAPONPROF tag (I'm not sure how
                        > recent), so your LST files may need an update.
                        >
                        > Check the Improved Critical in the phbfeats.lst. The bonus should be
                        > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|CRITRANGEDOUBLE|1.

                        Re that recent change... I can't pick Improved Critical: Gore with a
                        minotaur character. This makes me sad. :(

                        Emily "Minotaur of DOOM" Smirle

                        (now if only Improved Trip didn't require inteligence...)
                        --
                        Let the sun never blind your eyes
                        Let me sleep so my teeth won't grind -- "Grind",
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 30, 2002

                          This might be a problem. I would also have to include my custom
                          lst-files. These include non-srd data and descriptions from Oriental
                          Adventures this might not be possible. If it is please drop me a note
                          and i'll upload all you need.

                          BTW. I am using 2.2.4 (downloaded yesterday from pcgen.sourceforge.net)

                          Regards

                          Christian
                        • Eric Beaudoin
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 30, 2002
                            At 12:37 2002.12.30, jeff.kelly@... wrote:
                            >BTW. I am using 2.2.4 (downloaded yesterday from pcgen.sourceforge.net)
                            >
                            >Regards

                            You probably mean 4.2.4 if you downloaded it yesterday.

                            Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
                            <mailto:beaudoer@...>
                          • jeff.kelly@t-online.de
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 30, 2002
                              > You probably mean 4.2.4 if you downloaded it yesterday.

                              Yes of course. (Mental note to self: do not write e-mail at four o'clock
                              in the morning)

                              Regards

                              Christian
                            • Barak
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 30, 2002
                                Oops, my bad. Can't do that (upload the non SRD stuff).

                                The best I can tell you is that Improved Critical works properly with
                                the official release files and OS sheets from 4.2.2, so you're best bet
                                would be to compare your .lst files to the releases and see what, if
                                any, the differences are.

                                On the charges header, I mis-understood wehat was happening... I thought
                                you were getting check boxes as well as the header. Reading your later
                                post I realize you are referring to just the header. :P

                                Right now I can't think of a way to filter that out, but I'll make a
                                note here to look into it further when more critical things are taken
                                care of.

                                Barak
                                Output Sheet Chimp
                                LST Gibbon
                              • jeff.kelly@t-online.de
                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 30, 2002
                                  > The best I can tell you is that Improved Critical works properly with
                                  > the official release files and OS sheets from 4.2.2, so
                                  > you're best bet
                                  > would be to compare your .lst files to the releases and see what, if
                                  > any, the differences are.

                                  Yes with my 4.2.2 version it works correctly. (I think i already
                                  mentioned it) but with the new 4.2.4 version it is not working anymore.
                                  Maybe something got botched on the way. I'll let you know if I find
                                  anything.

                                  Regards

                                  Christian