Problem getting untrained skills onto character sheets

  • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2001
      I can check the Include Untrained Skills checkbox, either before or
      after loading my book selections (usually DMG, PHB and Magic Items)
      but I rarely get all the untrained skills to show up when I save the
      char to a character sheet. If I make any changes to the character my
      chance of success drops to about 0%. If I restart the app, check the
      box, load the data files, then immediately svae to PCSheet, I have
      about a 50% success rate. I've had this occur with every character
      I've made (about 8, so far, across a wide variety of classes, races,
      etc.), and I've got .pcg files available if it might help.

      Is there something I'm overlooking, or is the checkbox state getting
      lost in code somewhere along the way?

      Thanks for all the advice.

      -Lone Jedi
    • Tim
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2001
        I've been seeing this same problem too. I thought I must have been
        doing something wrong at first (checking it either before or after
        work sometimes and not others...

        Anyone know what is going on with this?

        Besides that, I LOVE the program!! Our whole group uses it now!

        Tim

      • mocha@mcs.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2001
          The Untrained Skills checkbox has no impact when loading campaigns.
          It only has an effect when creating a new character or importing
          one. It doesn't impact when you save or print a character, so if you
          want all the Untrained Skills added to your character automatically
          you have to click on that checkbox before you create/import the
          character. Once you save the character like that the skills will
          always be there (though I think if you add a Rank to one of them and
          then take it back down to a Rank of 0 PCGen will remove the skill
          since you have no ranks in it. Of course if you have the Untrained
          Skills checkbox checked when you next import the character it will be
          added again).

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Tim" <tfelts147@y...> wrote:
          > I've been seeing this same problem too. I thought I must have been
          > doing something wrong at first (checking it either before or after
          > work sometimes and not others...
          >
          > Anyone know what is going on with this?
          >
          > Besides that, I LOVE the program!! Our whole group uses it now!
          >
          > Tim
          >
          > --- In pcgen@y..., lonejedi70@h... wrote:
          > > I can check the Include Untrained Skills checkbox, either before
          or
          > > after loading my book selections (usually DMG, PHB and Magic
          Items)
          > > but I rarely get all the untrained skills to show up when I save
          > the
          > > char to a character sheet. If I make any changes to the
          character
          > my
          > > chance of success drops to about 0%. If I restart the app, check
          > the
          > > box, load the data files, then immediately svae to PCSheet, I
          have
          > > about a 50% success rate. I've had this occur with every
          character
          > > I've made (about 8, so far, across a wide variety of classes,
          > races,
          > > etc.), and I've got .pcg files available if it might help.
          > >
          > > Is there something I'm overlooking, or is the checkbox state
          > getting
          > > lost in code somewhere along the way?
          > >
          > > Thanks for all the advice.
          > >
          > > -Lone Jedi
        • Kevyn
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2001
            Hey Tim,
            Try checking it before you import or click new. It seems to work more
            times that way.

            Kevin

            PS are you going to the farm this weekend?

          • taktanner@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2001
              Kevin,

              I do not live on a FARM. I am just surrounded by them. And thanks
              for the info on the default skills showing up.

              Mike