Forgotten Realms

  • dibbka@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 6 5:17 AM
      Anyone going to update the Forgotten Realms 1st files? Dave C is listed as working on it, wondering if he's gonna need help...
      -Dibbka
    • joefrazierjr
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 30, 2008
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "calvera54" <davidray@...> wrote:

        > I am new to PCGen and I was wondering if there were any forgotten
        > realms books available to load and use.

        Nope. WotC no longer let's anyone distribute datasets anymore. CMP
        has the lic. for a while, but I think they had to stop selling it last
        year. You are welcome to mode up the lst files for your own personal
        use as long as you don't distribute.

        All it takes is time, a plain text editor (such as notepad if on
        Windows), and access to the docs (which come with PCGen.) If you
        decide to do this, post specific questions over on the
        PCGenListFileHelp group, preferably one question per post. It helps
        if you state your questions in the form of "I need sword that adds +2
        to hit and + 5 to damage" instead of saying "I need to make the
        'longsword of foo'" since others my not have the books in question.

        Joe