Re: [pcgen] Re: LANGUAGE Limits

  • Arcady
    Message 1 of 30 , Jun 4, 2001
      This could work.

      You'd have about 10 versions of every language... but it
      could work.

      You do still need the LANGAUTO:CHOOSE feature.
      and the regional and ethnic features.

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • nezzir@home.com
      Message 2 of 30 , Jun 4, 2001
        I'm new to the list. I don't know if this has been covered yet:

        I found that if you equip leather armor, it gives you a -3 armor check
        penalty as well as +3 to your armor. It also limits your dex modifier to +3.

        Should be -0 armor check, +2 AC, +8 max dex.

        There also seems to be some refresh issues. There are some changes that if
        you make them you must save, exit, and come back in for the changes to be
        calculated (armor is one of the changes).

        I'm running the 1.4a beta

        I created a character using the D&D Dungeon Masters Guide, D&D Players
        Handbook, and Forgotten Realms rules set.
      • maggard@aztec.asu.edu
        Message 3 of 30 , Jun 4, 2001
          Yet in the same region the example can occur. The Dejy clan based.
          Also the Merchant language is written in many alphabets. The
          flexibility of having two skills and using the FREE Write Alphabet:
          CHOOSE if you tie Literacy to Speak Language is could work.

        • mocha@mcs.net
          Message 4 of 30 , Jun 6, 2001
            --- In pcgen@y..., "nezzir@h..." <nezzir@h...> wrote:
            > I'm new to the list. I don't know if this has been covered yet:
            >
            > I found that if you equip leather armor, it gives you a -3 armor
            check
            > penalty as well as +3 to your armor. It also limits your dex
            modifier to +3.

            > Should be -0 armor check, +2 AC, +8 max dex.

            Actually, it should be +6 max dex... +8 is padded. I just created a
            character and this all works correctly. Do you have anything else
            equipped? Is your character proficient with Light armor?

            > There also seems to be some refresh issues. There are some changes
            that if
            > you make them you must save, exit, and come back in for the changes
            to be
            > calculated (armor is one of the changes).

            Really? Hm - everything should be recalculated on the fly, so you
            shouldn't ever have to quit and come back in to see a change take
            effect. If you continue having problems I'd like to see your pcg
            file and if you could give me an exact series of steps that I could
            follow to see something that you change and how it doesn't take
            effect until the next time you launch PCGen, I'd appreciate it.

            -Bryan

            > I'm running the 1.4a beta
            >
            > I created a character using the D&D Dungeon Masters Guide, D&D
            Players
            > Handbook, and Forgotten Realms rules set.

            Thanks for the above info! It's also nice to know what race you
            created and what relevant stats you have (dex in the case of armor
            and max dex type issues) and what class you have (since that affects
            what armor proficiencies you have).

            -Bryan
          • nezzir@home.com
            Message 5 of 30 , Jun 6, 2001
              At 02:42 PM 6/6/2001 +0000, you wrote:
              >--- In pcgen@y..., "nezzir@h..." <nezzir@h...> wrote:
              > > I'm new to the list. I don't know if this has been covered yet:
              > >
              > > I found that if you equip leather armor, it gives you a -3 armor
              >check
              > > penalty as well as +3 to your armor. It also limits your dex
              >modifier to +3.
              > >
              > > Should be -0 armor check, +2 AC, +8 max dex.
              >
              >Actually, it should be +6 max dex... +8 is padded. I just created a
              >character and this all works correctly. Do you have anything else
              >equipped? Is your character proficient with Light armor?

              I am proficient with light armor. Here's what I have equipped:
              Longbow (composite)
              Musical instrument,common (small)
              Entertainer (Clothing)
              Arrows (20)
              Backpack
              (Note: The leather is now unequipped to get around the error)

              > > There also seems to be some refresh issues. There are some changes
              >that if
              > > you make them you must save, exit, and come back in for the changes
              >to be
              > > calculated (armor is one of the changes).
              >
              >Really? Hm - everything should be recalculated on the fly, so you
              >shouldn't ever have to quit and come back in to see a change take
              >effect. If you continue having problems I'd like to see your pcg
              >file and if you could give me an exact series of steps that I could
              >follow to see something that you change and how it doesn't take
              >effect until the next time you launch PCGen, I'd appreciate it.
              >
              >-Bryan

              The biggest problem I've seen here is I changed my intelligence and it did
              not update the skill modifiers (it still hasn't). There are other things
              but I don't remember what they were. We are starting a new campaign this
              weekend and will probably be using the generator a lot. I'll take some notes.

              > > I'm running the 1.4a beta
              > >
              > > I created a character using the D&D Dungeon Masters Guide, D&D
              >Players
              > > Handbook, and Forgotten Realms rules set.
              >
              >Thanks for the above info! It's also nice to know what race you
              >created and what relevant stats you have (dex in the case of armor
              >and max dex type issues) and what class you have (since that affects
              >what armor proficiencies you have).
              >
              >-Bryan

              Half-Elven
              Bard
              Level 1
              Dex = 16

              Note: New bug -
              I'm working this character toward the "Arcane Archer" class. So to test
              it, I bumped the Bard up to level 8 to get him to the +6 attack bonus
              minimum req. The first thing I noticed was that it did not add any skill
              or feat points. Then (after I juggled it a bit and taking the rest of the
              reqs) I still could not take the class - it stayed starred out. I met all
              the reqs. I thought maybe it was the fact that I was proficient in the
              composite longbow instead of the longbow so I updated it - still no dice.

              If you would like I can send you the character file.

              PS - Thanks for responding

              NezziR,
              Mark A. Warren
              -=*-----------------------------------------------------*=-

              "Tis now the very witching time of night
              when churchyards yawn and hell itself breaths out contagion to this world,
              now could I drink hot blood and do such bitter business as the day would
              quake to look on."

              William Shakespeare,
              Hamlet
            • Franco, Matthew E
              Message 6 of 30 , Jun 6, 2001
                make sure your chacter isn't carrying to much if you have medium load pcgen
                adds minuses do to ecumberance

                as for trying for arcane archer did you put spells into your spell book?

                Message 7 of 30 , Jun 6, 2001
                  I am lightly loaded.
                  I have spells in my spell book.

                  I probably need to start it from scratch...

                  At 01:23 PM 6/6/2001 -0400, you wrote:
                  >make sure your chacter isn't carrying to much if you have medium load pcgen
                  >adds minuses do to ecumberance
                  >
                  >as for trying for arcane archer did you put spells into your spell book?

                  NezziR,
                  Mark A. Warren
                  -=*-----------------------------------------------------*=-

                  Message 8 of 30 , Jun 6, 2001
                    And note that it has been an official ruling that INT changes do not
                    retroactively affect skill points. If you go from INT 11 to 12 at
                    level 5 you do not get the bonus skill points you would have had if
                    you had started out with an INT 12. I think PCGen behaves correctly
                    with this in mind.

                    -Bryan

                  • Vance
                    Message 9 of 30 , Jun 6, 2001
                      You might check to see if your weight carried is in the "light" category or
                      the "medium" category as weight also affects your Max Dex and Armor Check
                      Penalty.
                      VR

                    • nezzir@home.com
                      Message 10 of 30 , Jun 7, 2001
                        FYI - You were right - it was weight. I was removing the leather and it
                        was taking me under the limit. When I bought it back it "carried" was not
                        checked so the weight didn't change. It looked like the leather itself was
                        giving me the penalty...

                        Sorry for the confusion.