Spell list in character sheet not working

  • Geoff <speares@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 16, 2002

      My character sheet code which was working as recently as 4.1.7 (if
      not later) seems to have stopped working. I'm doing something like
      this:

      |FOR,%class,0,10,1,1|
      |%SPELLLISTCLASS%class|
      <Class name, table header>
      |FOR.0,10,1,<td align="center" width="6%"><font style="font-size:8pt"
      <formatting stuff>
      |%|
      |FOR,%level,0,9,1,1|
      |%SPELLLISTBOOK%class.%level|
      <formatting stuff>
      |FOR,%book,COUNT[SPELLBOOKS]-1,COUNT[SPELLBOOKS]-1,1,1|
      |FOR.0,100,2,<TD align="right" valign="top"
      width="12%"><font style="font-size: 7pt">____ </font></TD><TD
      align="left" valign="top" width="38%"><font style="font-size:
      7pt">\SPELLMEM%class.%book.%level.%.BONUSSPELL\\SPELLMEM%class.%book.%
      level.%.NAME\ x\SPELLMEM%class.%book.%
      level.%.TIMES\</FONT></TD>,<TR>,</TR>,2|
      |ENDFOR|
      <formatting stuff>
      |%|
      |ENDFOR|
      |%SPELLLISTCLASS%class|
      |ENDFOR|

      Has anything changed that would break this?
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 16, 2002
        Something must have.... this is the second report about it.

        I've got someone looking at it.

        It would be helpful though if you explained exactly how it is not working,
        otherwise we're kinda shooting in the dark.

        Barak
        Output

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 16, 2002
          > Something must have.... this is the second report about it.
          >
          > I've got someone looking at it.
          >
          > It would be helpful though if you explained exactly how it is not
          working,
          > otherwise we're kinda shooting in the dark.

          Aha, it only seems to be happening for gnome characters; perhaps the
          Innate spells are doing it. The spell lists come up empty, as if the
          character had no spells/powers selected. I noticed it for a gnome
          psion -- neither the innate powers nor the psion powers were coming
          up.

          I will post a sample HTML sheet in the files section in a minute.
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 16, 2002
            Thanks!

            Just wanted to make sure it matched the other report (it was also innate
            spells).

            Barak
            Output Sheet Chimp
            LST Gibbon

            > > Something must have.... this is the second report about it.
            > >
            > > I've got someone looking at it.
            > >
            > > It would be helpful though if you explained exactly how it is not
            > working,
            > > otherwise we're kinda shooting in the dark.
            > >

            > Aha, it only seems to be happening for gnome characters; perhaps the
            > Innate spells are doing it. The spell lists come up empty, as if the
            > character had no spells/powers selected. I noticed it for a gnome
            > psion -- neither the innate powers nor the psion powers were coming
            > up.
            >
            > I will post a sample HTML sheet in the files section in a minute.

          • Ward, Christopher
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 16, 2002
              I know that the only way I can get a Gnome rogue to have her inate spells
              visible on the output sheet is to look at the spells page in the editor
              before I print it.

              Maybe this can be used as a workaround for the time being ?

              regards,
              Frugal

              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 16, 2002
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Ward, Christopher"
                <Christopher.Ward@m...> wrote:
                > I know that the only way I can get a Gnome rogue to have her inate
                spells
                > visible on the output sheet is to look at the spells page in the
                editor
                > before I print it.
                >
                > Maybe this can be used as a workaround for the time being ?

                I'm exporting to HTML...having the spells tab active when I do this
                doesn't seem to make any difference. :(
              • Barak
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 16, 2002
                  Just as a side note until we can get it fixed (for those using homebrew
                  sheets)... all the SPELLMEM tokens ARE working properly and will list innate
                  spells.

                  Barak
                  Output Sheet Chimp
                  LST Gibbon

                • Byngl <byngl@hotmail.com>
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 16, 2002
                    <Christopher.Ward@m...> wrote:
                    > I know that the only way I can get a Gnome rogue to have her inate
                    spells
                    > visible on the output sheet is to look at the spells page in the
                    editor
                    > before I print it.

                    What version are you using? I thought that I fixed this a couple of
                    versions ago (4.2.1 or so...)

                    Byngl
                  • Barak
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 16, 2002
                      The SPELLLISTblah tokens for the innate spells are broken.

                      Barak
                      Output Sheet Chimp
                      LST Gibbon

                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 16, 2002

                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 16, 2002
                          Ok, the main problem is fixed and will be in CVS shortly, but you have a
                          problem in your sheet list also:

                          |%SPELLLISTBOOK%class.%level|

                          The above is missing a variable. It needs to be %class.%level.%sbook.

                          Barak
                          Output Sheet Chimp
                          LST Gibbon

                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 17, 2002
                            4.2.3, but I have not tried printing off a sheet without doing this since
                            about 4.1.9 ;O) So if it was fixed I probably didn't notice.

                            regards,
                            Frugal

                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 17, 2002
                              > Ok, the main problem is fixed and will be in CVS shortly, but you
                              have a
                              > problem in your sheet list also:
                              >
                              > |%SPELLLISTBOOK%class.%level|
                              >
                              > The above is missing a variable. It needs to be %class.%level.%
                              sbook.

                              Thanks. I would note also that the documentation doesn't seem to
                              mention this extra variable...at least not that I could find.

                              Geoff
                            • Barak
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 17, 2002
                                From: <speares@...>

                                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
                                > > Ok, the main problem is fixed and will be in CVS shortly, but you
                                > have a
                                > > problem in your sheet list also:
                                > >
                                > > |%SPELLLISTBOOK%class.%level|
                                > >
                                > > The above is missing a variable. It needs to be %class.%level.%
                                > sbook.
                                > >

                                > Thanks. I would note also that the documentation doesn't seem to
                                > mention this extra variable...at least not that I could find.

                                It should... *goes and looks*

                                Unless you have a very old version it does... from the docs:

                                Token Name: %filter Filter can be any of the following
                                variables
                                [snip]
                                Variable(s) Used: SPEECHTENDENCY SUBREGION
                                SPELLLISTBOOKclass.level.sbook

                                Ya had me scared for a second (I'm also the "Keeper of the Output Sheet
                                Docs"). I try to make sure everything is documented. :P

                                Barak
                                Output Sheet Chimp
                                LST Gibbon
                                KotOSD