Re: What's your favorite purchase method for stat generation?

  • Arcady
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2000
      I'd say just use the method in the DMG.

      Start with base 8 and add points as per the cost scale they give on
      page 20.

      08 0
      09 1
      10 2
      11 3
      12 4
      13 5
      14 6
      15 8
      16 10
      17 13
      18 16

      But then let them enter how many points they get to spend somewhere,
      or have it track how many points they used.

      The DMG recommends the scale of 25 points for average games. 28 for
      tough ones, and 32 for high powered ones. I there was a 22 scale for
      weak games as well. And maybe one above 32. But here I think the best
      method would be to just record how many points they used.

      --- In pcgen@egroups.com, Bryan McRoberts <mocha@m...> wrote:
      > Do most people start out with all stats being one number (say 9) and
      you
      > have
      > a certain amount of points to 'spend'? Each stat above 9 costs a
      > certain amount
      > to buy, and each stat below 9 adds to your point pool to spend on other
      > stats.
      > Would people like me to have just one method of point purchase, or
      should I
      > allow for some variation? I'm just curious as to everyone's ideas.
      Thanks!