Star Wars Droids

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2001
      I know you can have a racial restriction on a class but can the
      oppisite be done? A race can only take this class to begin with, and
      then once they have taken it other classes are now available? The
      reason I'm asking is I was thinking about putting the droid creation
      into PCgen from Gamer #3
      I can think of one way but that would rewriting every other class.

      Any suggestion?
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 8 , May 31, 2001
        Or maybe a way of automaticly assigning a class when the droid
        type/race is picked

      • mocha@mcs.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2001
          This is something that could be handled by the GM policing character
          creation, but it certainly wouldn't be hard to add support for a race
          having to select a class first before any others.

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Alan" <jaknife2001@y...> wrote:
          > Or maybe a way of automaticly assigning a class when the droid
          > type/race is picked
          > --- In pcgen@y..., "Alan" <jaknife2001@y...> wrote:
          > > I know you can have a racial restriction on a class but can the
          > > oppisite be done? A race can only take this class to begin with,
          > and
          > > then once they have taken it other classes are now available?
          The
          > > reason I'm asking is I was thinking about putting the droid
          > creation
          > > into PCgen from Gamer #3
          > > I can think of one way but that would rewriting every other
          class.

          > > Any suggestion?
        • Alan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2001
            Is there a way to put a Prereq on equipment?

          • mocha@mcs.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2001
              No - but that's a good point. I could see putting a pre-req on an
              item before it can be equipped, though I don't know about putting a
              pre-req on an item before it can be owned if that's what you're
              implying.

              -Bryan

              --- In pcgen@y..., "Alan" <jaknife2001@y...> wrote:
              > Is there a way to put a Prereq on equipment?
              >
              > --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
              > > This is something that could be handled by the GM policing
              > character
              > > creation, but it certainly wouldn't be hard to add support for a
              > race
              > > having to select a class first before any others.
              > >
              > > -Bryan
              > >
              > > --- In pcgen@y..., "Alan" <jaknife2001@y...> wrote:
              > > > Or maybe a way of automaticly assigning a class when the droid
              > > > type/race is picked
              > with,
              > > > and
              > > The
              > > > creation
              > > class.

            • Mike Bentley
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2001
                I would say that putting the pre-req before it can be equiped
                would be good. I mean if someone really wants to buy droid parts, let them. :)

                At 6/1/01, you wrote:
                >No - but that's a good point. I could see putting a pre-req on an
                >item before it can be equipped, though I don't know about putting a
                >pre-req on an item before it can be owned if that's what you're
                >implying.
                >
                >-Bryan
                >
                >--- In pcgen@y..., "Alan" <jaknife2001@y...> wrote:
                > > Is there a way to put a Prereq on equipment?
                > >
                > > --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
                > > > This is something that could be handled by the GM policing
                > > character
                > > > creation, but it certainly wouldn't be hard to add support for a
                > > race
                > > > having to select a class first before any others.
                > > >
                > > > -Bryan

                >the
                > > with,
                >available?
                > > > The
                > > > class.

                ---
                Mike Bentley
                hansolo@...
              • Alan
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4, 2001
                  I would say equiped also this could also be used with fimilars for
                  the sorcerers

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • mocha@mcs.net
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 4, 2001