[pcgen]Cha Based Skill problems

  • will
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
      no ability modify is added to cha based skills. Is this a known problem if so how do i correct it?
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "will" <wmmiteff@h...> wrote:
        > no ability modify is added to cha based skills. Is this a known
        problem if so how do i correct it?

        Your charisma modifier should be applied to any charisma based
        skills. Can you give an example of your charisma, race, ranks in a
        skill and what PCGen indicates is the total? Better yet - can you
        upload your pcg file here to the Files->Needs Help With folder for
        pcg files?

        -Bryan
      • will
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
          Cha - 12
          Race - Human
          Ranks - 8

          when i export it as a pdf is reads TYPE-A (that is all i can read) where it should have Cha
          > no ability modify is added to cha based skills. Is this a known
          problem if so how do i correct it?

          Your charisma modifier should be applied to any charisma based
          skills. Can you give an example of your charisma, race, ranks in a
          skill and what PCGen indicates is the total? Better yet - can you
          upload your pcg file here to the Files->Needs Help With folder for
          pcg files?

          -Bryan

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
            Oh - I thought from your message that you meant that the total
            modifier for the skill was wrong, but you're saying that the label
            for the type is wrong. What skill is this for? Is it an Art one?
            Could be an error in the data file, what version of PCGen are you
            using?

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., "will" <wmmiteff@h...> wrote:
            > Cha - 12
            > Race - Human
            > Ranks - 8
            >
            > when i export it as a pdf is reads TYPE-A (that is all i can read)
            where it should have Cha

            Service.

          • will
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
              Skill - Perform
              PC-GEN - 4.2

              the ability modifier doesn't show in either the program while looking at skill or on character sheets
              Oh - I thought from your message that you meant that the total
              modifier for the skill was wrong, but you're saying that the label
              for the type is wrong. What skill is this for? Is it an Art one?
              Could be an error in the data file, what version of PCGen are you
              using?

              -Bryan

              --- In pcgen@y..., "will" <wmmiteff@h...> wrote:
              > Cha - 12
              > Race - Human
              > Ranks - 8
              >
              > when i export it as a pdf is reads TYPE-A (that is all i can read)
              where it should have Cha

              Service.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • lonbarnett1957
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
                If you check it may be reading TYPE=A (note equal not hyphen). If
                you are using converted files there was a problem with some MOD
                records that added TYPE=Art way back when. I know it shows up on
                several Perform skills and those are CHA based.

                Service.