Re: Monte Cook Bard Fix

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
      > Hm... I'd rather tell it not to use BONUS spells, then do the
      adding.. :)

      > I'll try to get with you later this week about this. Ashlynne, put
      this on
      > my "pester" list.
      >
      > > Actually, I just realized that my fix doesn't work quite right.
      If a
      > > character has a CHA of 20+, they get too many spells.
      > >
      > > I don't suppose there's any way to tell PCGEn to use that line
      only
      > > if their CHA is less than 20, is there? And then tell PCGen to
      use
      > > CHA-2 if their CHA is greater than 20?
      >
      > BONUS:SPELLCAST|CLASS=Bard (Monte
      > Cook's);LEVEL=1|.IF.CHA.GT.20.THEN.CHA-2.ELSE.CHA

      Ok - so you did see his post. :)

      Turning off bonus spells due to the results of the statsandchecks.lst
      file would be easy enough, but that would require code. Using a
      combination of a negative bonus spellcast tag and a positive one can
      be done now without any coding changes, and he included the formulas
      in a reply to his own post. :) You could probably combine the
      negative and positive formulas into one tag, though having them
      separated into two with some kind of comment in the line above might
      simply be more clear for anyone reading the file.

      -Bryan