Re: File - Welcome [BRYAN]

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2 8:51 AM
      --- In pcgen@y..., "Ward, Christopher" <Christopher.Ward@m...> wrote:
      > A link to the relevent parts of the wizards web site might also be
      a good
      > idea. Finding the SRD on the wizards site is non trivial (I have
      only ever
      > found the PHB one, not the DMG or MM ones (unless they are the same
      thing))

      > regards,
      > Frugal

      Comments noted. I've modified the blurbs in the welcome file to be
      like this.... does this seem more clear?

      Is PCGen OGL or D20?
      As of version 4.0.0, PCGen is OGL and D20 compliant. We are in
      regular contact with Wizards of the Coast to make sure we stay that
      way. The Open Gaming License (OGL) can be found at:
      http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/ogl.html
      For a description of how the OGL and D20 licenses work, and a
      definition of the "Standard Resource Document" (aka SRD) visit:
      http://www.wizards.com/d20/article.asp?x=dt20010417b

      Where is Wotc's non-SRD material?
      Wotc has been very gracious with us and helpful in our process of
      becoming, and remaining, OGL and D20 compliant. We are currently in
      discussions with them about their non-SRD material (ForgottenRealms,
      splatbooks, dragon magazine items, etc.). We will definitely keep
      everyone appraised of any developments in our discussions with Wotc.

      Thanks.

      -Bryan
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2 9:08 AM
        --- In pcgen@y..., Michael Tucker <mtucker@e...> wrote:
        > > Comments noted. I've modified the blurbs in the welcome file to
        be
        > > like this.... does this seem more clear?
        > >
        > > [sample snipped]
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >
        > > -Bryan
        > >

        > Your changes and additions are wonderful. Thanks!

        Really? Maybe I *could* be a Doc Monkey after all!!!! :D

        -Bryan

        > Michael
      • Michael Tucker
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2 9:08 AM
          > Comments noted. I've modified the blurbs in the welcome file to be
          > like this.... does this seem more clear?
          >
          > [sample snipped]
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > -Bryan

          Your changes and additions are wonderful. Thanks!

          Michael
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2 10:24 AM
            > The Open Gaming License (OGL) can be found at:
            > http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/ogl.html

            You might want to include the WotC link instead, as that's the
            official site.

            Paul W. King
          • Hugo
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2 10:33 AM
              <snip>
              > For a description of how the OGL and D20 licenses work, and a
              > definition of the "Standard Resource Document" (aka SRD) visit:
              > http://www.wizards.com/d20/article.asp?x=dt20010417b

              <snip>

              > Thanks.
              >
              > -Bryan

              Shouldn't it be "System Reference Document" instead?

              Later,
              Hugo
              LST Gibbon stuck in the body of Saguinus Imperator
            • Ed Beckwith
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2 12:46 PM
                Might be useful to define "Splatbooks" as well.. from just perusing the
                lists here I can figure out what they are, but for someone who just joined
                the groups and gets the message...well, it might confuse them.

                Ed