RE: [pcgen] File - Welcome [BRYAN]

  • Ward, Christopher
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2002
      A link to the relevent parts of the wizards web site might also be a good
      idea. Finding the SRD on the wizards site is non trivial (I have only ever
      found the PHB one, not the DMG or MM ones (unless they are the same thing))

      regards,
      Frugal

    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "Ward, Christopher" <Christopher.Ward@m...> wrote:
        > A link to the relevent parts of the wizards web site might also be
        a good
        > idea. Finding the SRD on the wizards site is non trivial (I have
        only ever
        > found the PHB one, not the DMG or MM ones (unless they are the same
        thing))

        > regards,
        > Frugal

        Comments noted. I've modified the blurbs in the welcome file to be
        like this.... does this seem more clear?

        Is PCGen OGL or D20?
        As of version 4.0.0, PCGen is OGL and D20 compliant. We are in
        regular contact with Wizards of the Coast to make sure we stay that
        way. The Open Gaming License (OGL) can be found at:
        http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/ogl.html
        For a description of how the OGL and D20 licenses work, and a
        definition of the "Standard Resource Document" (aka SRD) visit:
        http://www.wizards.com/d20/article.asp?x=dt20010417b

        Where is Wotc's non-SRD material?
        Wotc has been very gracious with us and helpful in our process of
        becoming, and remaining, OGL and D20 compliant. We are currently in
        discussions with them about their non-SRD material (ForgottenRealms,
        splatbooks, dragon magazine items, etc.). We will definitely keep
        everyone appraised of any developments in our discussions with Wotc.

        Thanks.

        -Bryan
      • merton_monk
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2002
          --- In pcgen@y..., Michael Tucker <mtucker@e...> wrote:
          > > Comments noted. I've modified the blurbs in the welcome file to
          be
          > > like this.... does this seem more clear?
          > >
          > > [sample snipped]
          > >
          > > Thanks.
          > >
          > > -Bryan
          > >

          > Your changes and additions are wonderful. Thanks!

          Really? Maybe I *could* be a Doc Monkey after all!!!! :D

          -Bryan

          > Michael
        • Michael Tucker
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2002
            > Comments noted. I've modified the blurbs in the welcome file to be
            > like this.... does this seem more clear?
            >
            > [sample snipped]
            >
            > Thanks.
            >
            > -Bryan

            Your changes and additions are wonderful. Thanks!

            Michael
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2, 2002
              > The Open Gaming License (OGL) can be found at:
              > http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/ogl.html

              You might want to include the WotC link instead, as that's the
              official site.

              Paul W. King
            • Hugo
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2, 2002
                <snip>
                > For a description of how the OGL and D20 licenses work, and a
                > definition of the "Standard Resource Document" (aka SRD) visit:
                > http://www.wizards.com/d20/article.asp?x=dt20010417b

                <snip>

                > Thanks.
                >
                > -Bryan

                Shouldn't it be "System Reference Document" instead?

                Later,
                Hugo
                LST Gibbon stuck in the body of Saguinus Imperator
              • Ed Beckwith
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 2, 2002
                  Might be useful to define "Splatbooks" as well.. from just perusing the
                  lists here I can figure out what they are, but for someone who just joined
                  the groups and gets the message...well, it might confuse them.

                  Ed