Re: [TIR] Monk Damage Reduction

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 2, 2002
      <snip>
      It looks like the Monk is missing that, along with the Transform to
      Outsider, which I may be able to do now. Going to look into that this
      weekend. In the mean time, Monks should have DR:20/+1 tag for those
      of you
      wanting to fix it at home.

      The other Feat bit, with a BONUS:DR|+WIS|2*COUNT[FEATTYPE=Tattoo] is
      not the
      way I think you want to go about it, unless there is a DR:num/+WIS, if
      the
      WIS will even be substituted in a DR tag, which I doubt.

      Chief LST Chimp
      Strange Monkey
      MM Race Dragon
      </snip>

      Tir, also note that the type is "Native Outsider" as opposed to
      "Outsider" which then clarifies that the being can be raised from the
      dean on the Prime Material plane.

      Paul Grosse
      MSN Messenger: Nylanfs@...
      ICQ: 14397299
      AO: Nylan
      Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

      "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race
      to keep all it's eggs in." - Robert Heinlein

      P.S. Sorry for replying to all these old messages, I'm going through
      all the email over the long weekend
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 2, 2002
        > Tir, also note that the type is "Native Outsider" as opposed to
        > "Outsider" which then clarifies that the being can be raised from the
        > dean on the Prime Material plane.

        Hm.. I think you are remembering a bit of FR - the SRD and the PHB mention
        nothing about "Native"

        And it says nothing about raising from the dead. Which pretty much leaves
        that bit up to the DM (either it stays as the race originally, or no raising
        whatsoever since the character is an outsider.)

        Chief LST Chimp
        Strange Monkey
        MM Race Dragon
      • gsbingl
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 2, 2002
          If we're talking about the Monk's outsider status from the Perfect
          Self class feature, it was errata'd with the following:

          "Unlike other outsiders, the monk can still be brought back from the
          dead."

          Byngl

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
          > > Tir, also note that the type is "Native Outsider" as opposed to
          > > "Outsider" which then clarifies that the being can be raised from
          the
          > > dean on the Prime Material plane.
          >

          > Hm.. I think you are remembering a bit of FR - the SRD and the PHB
          mention
          > nothing about "Native"
          >
          > And it says nothing about raising from the dead. Which pretty much
          leaves
          > that bit up to the DM (either it stays as the race originally, or
          no raising
          > whatsoever since the character is an outsider.)
          >
          > Tir Gwaith
          > Soul Reaper Silverback and List File Silverback
          > Chief LST Chimp
          > Strange Monkey
          > MM Race Dragon
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 2, 2002
            Still doesn't do anything to display in PCGen. I'll check the Template I'm
            applying tho.

            Chief LST Chimp
            Strange Monkey
            MM Race Dragon
            > If we're talking about the Monk's outsider status from the Perfect
            > Self class feature, it was errata'd with the following:
            >
            > "Unlike other outsiders, the monk can still be brought back from the
            > dead."
            >
            > Byngl
          • Keith Davies
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 3, 2002
              On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 06:02:06PM -0600, Tir Gwaith wrote:
              > > Tir, also note that the type is "Native Outsider" as opposed to
              > > "Outsider" which then clarifies that the being can be raised from the
              > > dean on the Prime Material plane.
              >

              > Hm.. I think you are remembering a bit of FR - the SRD and the PHB mention
              > nothing about "Native"
              >
              > And it says nothing about raising from the dead. Which pretty much leaves
              > that bit up to the DM (either it stays as the race originally, or no raising
              > whatsoever since the character is an outsider.)

              Under the circumstances, and given that the character is a monk and has
              achieved 'perfection', I'd rule that on death he goes straight to
              Nirvana -- no raising possible. It's probably part of the reason they
              made him an Outsider. He is considered a 'native Outsider' because
              banishment sends him back to his home plane -- the Prime Material -- and
              thus doesn't really work.

              Keith
              --
              Keith Davies