Re: [pcgen] feats and AC [TRACKER]

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
      Actually, it has nothing to do with the TYPE=Enhancement. He could have
      just had BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2 and would still have gotten the same result.

      The BONUS statements in a Feat only get applied once. If you want it to be
      dynamic, you need a COUNT. Here we come to one of the weaknesses. You
      would need to define a new TYPE. like TYPE:General.ACEnhance, so you could
      use COUNT[FEATTYPE=ACEnhance] within the formula. (in this case,
      2*COUNT[FEATTYPE=ACEnhance].

      TMs: Can we get a tracker on that one if it doesn't exist?
      COUNT[FEATNAME=something%] This is becoming more and more necessary. I
      have a "Windfall" Type feat just for the above workaround in Modern.

      Chief LST Chimp
      Strange Monkey
      MM Race Dragon

      > This is because by the rules themselves, enhancement bonuses do not
      > stack; each time you add the feat you are adding a new +2 enhancement
      > bonus. Although you are specifying the proper tag in the feat that says
      > the FEAT stacks, the basic rules of the game regarding that type of
      > bonus says otherwise. Therefore, you end up only getting the effect of
      > one of the bonuses, no matter how many times you add it.
      >
      > I think what you'd want to do is use COUNT to determine how many times
      > the feat has been selected and add a bonus of 2* this value.
      >

      > > NameOfMyFeat TYPE:Psionic PREVARGTEQ:Manifester,1
      > > DESC:MyDescription MULT:YES
      > > STACK:YES BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=Enhancement CHOOSE:+2 AC
      > >
      > > in fact, it will give the +2 AC bonus the first time when chosen, but
      > > not another +2 bonus
      > > when chosen a second time
    • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2002
        Done. Sorry for the delay

        TM

        Actually, it has nothing to do with the TYPE=Enhancement. He could have
        just had BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2 and would still have gotten the same result.

        The BONUS statements in a Feat only get applied once. If you want it to be
        dynamic, you need a COUNT. Here we come to one of the weaknesses. You
        would need to define a new TYPE. like TYPE:General.ACEnhance, so you could
        use COUNT[FEATTYPE=ACEnhance] within the formula. (in this case,
        2*COUNT[FEATTYPE=ACEnhance].

        TMs: Can we get a tracker on that one if it doesn't exist?
        COUNT[FEATNAME=something%] This is becoming more and more necessary. I
        have a "Windfall" Type feat just for the above workaround in Modern.

        Chief LST Chimp
        Strange Monkey
        MM Race Dragon

        > This is because by the rules themselves, enhancement bonuses do not
        > stack; each time you add the feat you are adding a new +2 enhancement
        > bonus. Although you are specifying the proper tag in the feat that says
        > the FEAT stacks, the basic rules of the game regarding that type of
        > bonus says otherwise. Therefore, you end up only getting the effect of
        > one of the bonuses, no matter how many times you add it.
        >
        > I think what you'd want to do is use COUNT to determine how many times
        > the feat has been selected and add a bonus of 2* this value.
        >

        > > NameOfMyFeat TYPE:Psionic PREVARGTEQ:Manifester,1
        > > DESC:MyDescription MULT:YES
        > > STACK:YES BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=Enhancement CHOOSE:+2 AC
        > >
        > > in fact, it will give the +2 AC bonus the first time when chosen, but
        > > not another +2 bonus
        > > when chosen a second time

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2711418.4084139.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
        61:HM/A=1327985/R=0/*http:/ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870024;7586687;x?http://w
        ww.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=234081.2711418.4084139.1925585/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1327985/rand=268090420>

        <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net>
        <http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen>