Re: [pcgen] File - Welcome

  • gnalle@ruc.dk
    Message 1 of 337 , Dec 1 11:43 AM
      pcgen@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > Welcome!

      How about putting a link to this this faq on the project homepage: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net

      That would be a service to newcoming users, and perhaps it will also
      reduce the amount of noise on this list.

      --
      Niels L Ellegaard http://dirac.ruc.dk/~gnalle/
      Message 337 of 337 , May 2

        Active is a loose term, but when I last checked, membership was over 7,000.

        On 5/1/17 10:49 PM, John Kantner jkantner@... [pcgen] wrote:
        How many active members of this group are there? Any idea, Andrew?

        On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 9:10 PM, Andrew drew0500@... [pcgen] <pcgen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Eric,

        Those settings were set up before my time, but at a guess, back then we had a lot more people who exhibited troll-like tendencies, started flame wars, and generally didn't play nice with others. Since that really isn't the case any longer, I can turn off the monthly repeating messages.

        Cheers,

        Andrew

        On 5/1/17 4:13 AM, Eric 1ballistic1@... [pcgen] wrote:
        So, is anyone else getting the templated welcome emails every month?
        i'm getting the Welcome, the Greetings from Moderator Monkeys, and the MonkeyTeamsExplained ones over and over.
        Not so much annoying as odd...usually you get this kind of thing once?