Re: [pcgen] question for LST files

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2002
      >When you edit the lst files, does the number of "tabs" has any
      importance? Or, asked
      >otherwise: does PCGEN "read" Feat-lst-file by stopping at each TAB or does
      it checks each
      >name of the variable and sees what is written afterward?

      The number of tabs between two tags is irrelevent. Beware of spaces before
      or after a tab, that screw things up quite a bit. Also, for all the official
      files, there are no tabs or spaces before the first line entry and there are
      no "hanging" tab or spaces at the end of the lines. It used to create
      problem. I don't know if it still do but I recommend not doing it.

      Best

      ------

      Still causes a problem... It trys to assign stuff to a null character. It
      will prevent loading for an LST file, not just release ones.

      Chief LST Chimp
      Strange Monkey
      MM Race Dragon
    • Eric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2002
        At 14:10 2002.11.30, Florian MARTIN wrote:
        >Yet, another question: does the "order" of the tags has some importance? For example, I
        >noted that the <PREFEAT> Tag was always before the <PRESTAT> Tag... could I also invert
        >these?

        For the most part, the order of the tags has no importance. The exception are for the tags that have TAGENAME:.MOD or TAGNAME:.CLEAR. The .CLEAR for example must be before any addition in the same line (otherwise the .CLEAR remove what was just added).

        In the official release, the PREFEAT is always before the PRESTAT because the script we use to validate/reformat the files put most of the PRExxx tags in alpha order.

        Best

        √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
        <mailto:beaudoer@...>
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2002
          No, order doesn't matter, unless the tags are the same, and usually they are
          effecting different things, so that usually doesn't matter. Doing some .MOD
          stuff can effect certain things, but that's advanced stuff.

          The order you are seeing in official files is the Prettylst.pl order that
          helps me and other LST Monkeys know where to look in the file, and expidite
          our editing or checking.

          Chief LST Chimp
          Strange Monkey
          MM Race Dragon