RE: [pcgen] Re: Weapons display

  • Brass Tilde
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 30, 2002

      > If the stored thing goes in, you just never mark your stuff as "stored",
      > only "not carried". :)

      Yes, I know. What I meant was to preserve the existing sheet, whether by
      renaming it, or adding the functionality to the new one. If the "stored"
      thing does go in, I wouldn't expect it to change the way existing sheets
      work, but I wanted to get my vote in for leaving alone the current ones.

      Brass
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 30, 2002
        > > > Sounds like a good idea, though if you are going to change the
        behaviour in
        > > this fashion, I'd ask that you retain the current functionality, along
        with
        > > the current set of sheets, even if they have to be renamed.
        > >
        > > I, for one, *like* having all of my weapons in one spot, even if they
        are
        > > marked as not carried. It's still possible to get them within the
        context
        > > of a single session, due to time or spells, and I'd like to have them
        > > available without reprinting.
        >
        > If the stored thing goes in, you just never mark your stuff as "stored",
        > only "not carried". :)

        Right, that was the idea: a way of separating the two different options for
        weapons that don't effect the weight the character carries (which effects a
        lot of things) so that everyone could be happy. :)

        Chief LST Chimp
        Strange Monkey
        MM Race Dragon
      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 2, 2002
          <snip>
          Ok, 1 for leave it as is.

          Anyone else?

          Barak
          Output Sheet Chimp
          LST Gibbon
          </snip>

          Barak, I don't have 4.2 yet so I can't look. does "Not Carried" mean
          not on your person, but you own it? as in it's at a keep, storage
          place? Or "Not Carried" as in it's a back-up weapon?

          Paul Grosse
          MSN Messenger: Nylanfs@...
          ICQ: 14397299
          AO: Nylan
          Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

          "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race
          to keep all it's eggs in." - Robert Heinlein