RE: [pcgen] Re: Weapons display

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 30, 2002
      At 09:30 2002.11.30, Barak wrote:
> [...]

      What we do in my games is to have special Containers "Home, Wagon, Horse, etc". The containers are not carried so the items shouws in the equipment but have no impact on the weight limit of the PC. PC who use different combination of equipement eighter generate more than one character sheets or use the Equiping sheet (or used to anyway :-).

      Same thing with template. Babarian have a Normal sheet, a Rage sheet and an Exhausted sheet.

      The "Home", "House" or "Castle" container work better than a "Stored" option (and do not need any code modification). It might even be possible to create the containers in question with the custom EQUIPMENT editor. Is it possible to sort the equipment by container? That would also be usefull. The weight of the containers would then be seen as subtotals.

      My 0.02 $

      √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • Brass Tilde
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 30, 2002

        > If the stored thing goes in, you just never mark your stuff as "stored",
        > only "not carried". :)

        Yes, I know. What I meant was to preserve the existing sheet, whether by
        renaming it, or adding the functionality to the new one. If the "stored"
        thing does go in, I wouldn't expect it to change the way existing sheets
        work, but I wanted to get my vote in for leaving alone the current ones.

        Brass
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 30, 2002
          > > > Sounds like a good idea, though if you are going to change the
          behaviour in
          > > this fashion, I'd ask that you retain the current functionality, along
          with
          > > the current set of sheets, even if they have to be renamed.
          > >
          > > I, for one, *like* having all of my weapons in one spot, even if they
          are
          > > marked as not carried. It's still possible to get them within the
          context
          > > of a single session, due to time or spells, and I'd like to have them
          > > available without reprinting.
          >
          > If the stored thing goes in, you just never mark your stuff as "stored",
          > only "not carried". :)

          Right, that was the idea: a way of separating the two different options for
          weapons that don't effect the weight the character carries (which effects a
          lot of things) so that everyone could be happy. :)

          Chief LST Chimp
          Strange Monkey
          MM Race Dragon
        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 2, 2002
            <snip>
            Ok, 1 for leave it as is.

            Anyone else?

            Barak
            Output Sheet Chimp
            LST Gibbon
            </snip>

            Barak, I don't have 4.2 yet so I can't look. does "Not Carried" mean
            not on your person, but you own it? as in it's at a keep, storage
            place? Or "Not Carried" as in it's a back-up weapon?

            Paul Grosse
            MSN Messenger: Nylanfs@...
            ICQ: 14397299
            AO: Nylan
            Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

            "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race
            to keep all it's eggs in." - Robert Heinlein