Monsters and the state of Natural Weapons

  • Sage Sam
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2002
      This is to serve as notice that a partial fix for Natural Weapons is in
      4.2.0 --
      you can now equip all your monsters' natural weapons. One caveat: Until
      4.2.1
      you will get some warning dialogs opening saved monsters with equipped
      natural
      weapons. I have the fix checked into CVS, but I hadn't solved it in time
      for 4.2.0!

      Custom monsters seem to work beautifully. I built the default Belker using
      the
      editor and the stats all worked out! MultiAttack even works!

      However, default monsters seem a bit odd yet. It seems that the appropriate
      bonuses (Strength and MultiAttack) aren't getting added to the to-hits. I
      suspect I'll have to write a _new_ bug for this one. =^p

      There are some GUI improvements I want to do yet, so I'm not ready to close
      the bug, but I think they're in good shape.

      That said, I'll close with a question for those who've been around longer
      than I have:
      Why do the monsters have so many hands? A medusa doesn't have 3 hands! A
      belker doesn't have 5 hands!

      Was this initially so the natural attacks would work right?

      If so, I hope to be able to tell the LST monkeys to go nuts fixing these
      hand counts in
      the next couple weeks as I continue improving natural weapon handling.

      --Sage Sam