Epic Level Handbook and other Supplements?

  • bard_spellsong
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2002
      Hello, I'm new to this group and first I'd like to take my cap off to
      the oneswho created PCGen. It's been a wonderful asset to my
      campaign. Okay, sincere accolades aside, here come the questions:

      1. Do you intend to add such supplementals as the Epic Level
      Handbook, Masters of the Wild, and (I hope and pray there are no
      minors present) The Book of Vile Darkness?

      2. Why were the Forgotten Realms files kept out of the later models
      of PCGen? Was it a size issue?

      3. Can potential creators donate to the project?

      Well, that's pretty much it. Thanks for listening, and keep up the
      good work!

      J.T.
    • Rob Hines Jr.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2002

        IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PCGEN - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

        PCGen is OGL or D20 compliant as of Version 4.0.0 release on Friday Sept
        13, 2002! Now our goal is to acquire permission from Wizards of the Coast
        Inc. for all their non-SRD material (anything other than the PHB, MM, DMG
        and Psionics Handbook). To avoid some common hot-topics that have been
        beat to death, here are some basic ground rules for posting on our yahoo
        board:

        1. Don't ask about where the data files for Wotc's splatbooks are - they
        aren't SRD and we're working on getting Wotc's permission for them - it
        isn't a sure thing though we think our chances are fairly good.
        2. Don't attack Wotc or any of its products (including ETools!) since
        doing so will definitely cloud our negotiations with them for their
        non-SRD material. Griping about them generally isn't on-topic anyway since
        we're mostly interested in feedback on what you think about PCGen, bug
        reports, feature requests or ideas on how to improve the documentation,
        presentation or anything else PCGen related.
        3. If you correct (i.e. flame!) someone else and they return the
        compliment, drop it at that. If you feel the other poster was out of line,
        send an email to pcgen-owner@yahoogroups.com which will be sent to all the
        moderators who will take the appropriate action (ban user and/or delete
        post and/or issue warning on or off list).

        We like to keep things friendly, polite, respectful and on-topic. We like
        to help newbies figure out how to get the most out of PCGen, including
        getting the hang of creating their own data files. If you know how we
        could do something different to make using PCGen more intuitive, we're all
        ears. If you want to get involved in any way, let us know - there's plenty
        to do!

        Thanks.

        Bryan McRoberts
        Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

        On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, bard_spellsong wrote:

        Hello, I'm new to this group and first I'd like to take my cap off to
        the oneswho created PCGen. It's been a wonderful asset to my
        campaign. Okay, sincere accolades aside, here come the questions:

        1. Do you intend to add such supplementals as the Epic Level
        Handbook, Masters of the Wild, and (I hope and pray there are no
        minors present) The Book of Vile Darkness?

        2. Why were the Forgotten Realms files kept out of the later models
        of PCGen? Was it a size issue?

        3. Can potential creators donate to the project?

        Well, that's pretty much it. Thanks for listening, and keep up the
        good work!

        J.T.

        Rob

        ----
        Rob Hines Jr.
        Systems Administrator

        (http://www.geekcode.com)
      • Shawn A. Chesak
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2002
          Isn't this message automatically emailed to members upon subscribing to
          the list?

          I joined long before the SRD issue arose, so I don't really know...

          If it isn't, I suggest one of the moderators set it up so new users
          automatically get the message upon joining (easily done with
          yahoogroups).

          If it IS already automatically sent, shame on all the new users who
          aren't reading it! ;-)

          Shawn A. Chesak
          http://www.stormkeep.net

        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 29, 2002
            It's covered in the Welcome message which is sent to every new
            subscriber, and in the State_O_PCGen file which is posted to this
            group every 2 weeks (that's the most frequent auto-posting option
            available).

            -Bryan