Autobuilds

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 25, 2002
      Are the autobuilds broken again?

      The one on the site says it was built at 22:00:00 GMT
      and it is now 03:29:00...

      Barak
      Output Sheet Chimp
      LST Gibbon
    • ovka
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 2, 2003
        FYI.

        The last four autobuilds have failed, and the last two sets of .lst
        files from P Lambert's site have issues.

        Cheers,

        Sir George Anonymous
      • Jayme Cox
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 2, 2003
          > The last four autobuilds have failed, and the last two sets of .lst
          > files from P Lambert's site have issues.

          The build failing is a known issue. One of the developers lost 'net connection
          in the middle of a CVS commit. He'll try again later...
        • Frugal
          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 3, 2003
            <quote who="ovka">
            > FYI.
            >
            > The last four autobuilds have failed, and the last two sets of .lst
            > files from P Lambert's site have issues.

            The code problem was my fault. I got half way through a complicated
            checkin and the office lost it's net connection. So I could not complete
            it until I got home in the evening ;O(

            The autobuilds seem to be working again.

            --
            regards,
            Frugal
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 3, 2003
              <quote who="ovka">
              > FYI.
              >
              > The last four autobuilds have failed, and the last two sets of .lst
              > files from P Lambert's site have issues.

              The code problem was my fault. I got half way through a complicated
              checkin and the office lost it's net connection. So I could not complete
              it until I got home in the evening ;O(

              The autobuilds seem to be working again.

              --
              regards,
              Frugal
              -OS Chimp
            • Devon Jones
              Message 6 of 24 , Nov 18, 2004
                Autobuilds are now actually *automatic*, and I hav eadded a page where
                one can get a ton of information about the build as it's completed.
                There are still bugs on the page. Emma, JavaNcss and some of the jUnit
                stuff does *not* work. I'll try to fix these as rapidly as I can.

                Address: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/

                Any help that can be offfered on emma/the junit stuff would be
                appreciated - one can see the issues in the test.log linked on the page.

                Devon
              • andargor
                Message 7 of 24 , Nov 18, 2004
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
                  > Autobuilds are now actually *automatic*, and I hav eadded a page where
                  > one can get a ton of information about the build as it's completed.
                  > There are still bugs on the page. Emma, JavaNcss and some of the jUnit
                  > stuff does *not* work. I'll try to fix these as rapidly as I can.
                  >
                  > Address: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/
                  >
                  > Any help that can be offfered on emma/the junit stuff would be
                  > appreciated - one can see the issues in the test.log linked on the page.
                  >
                  > Devon

                  Thanks Devon!

                  Andargor
                • andargor
                  Message 8 of 24 , Nov 18, 2004
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
                    > Autobuilds are now actually *automatic*, and I hav eadded a page where
                    > one can get a ton of information about the build as it's completed.
                    > There are still bugs on the page. Emma, JavaNcss and some of the jUnit
                    > stuff does *not* work. I'll try to fix these as rapidly as I can.
                    >
                    > Address: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/
                    >
                    > Any help that can be offfered on emma/the junit stuff would be
                    > appreciated - one can see the issues in the test.log linked on the page.
                    >
                    > Devon

                    Oh, I forgot, what's the module name for the latest 5.7.9 source so I
                    can anon CVS?

                    Andargor
                  • Devon Jones
                    Message 9 of 24 , Nov 18, 2004
                      andargor wrote:

                      >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
                      >

                      >>Autobuilds are now actually *automatic*, and I hav eadded a page where
                      >>one can get a ton of information about the build as it's completed.
                      >>There are still bugs on the page. Emma, JavaNcss and some of the jUnit
                      >>stuff does *not* work. I'll try to fix these as rapidly as I can.
                      >>
                      >>Address: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/
                      >>
                      >>Any help that can be offfered on emma/the junit stuff would be
                      >>appreciated - one can see the issues in the test.log linked on the page.
                      >>
                      >>Devon
                      >>

                      >Oh, I forgot, what's the module name for the latest 5.7.9 source so I
                      >can anon CVS?
                      >
                      >Andargor

                      This is one of the things I have to fix right after 5.8. It's ".".
                      There are no modules in the pcgen project, it's all checked into the root.

                      Devon
                    • Frugal
                      Message 10 of 24 , Nov 19, 2004
                        Devon Jones wrote:

                        >Autobuilds are now actually *automatic*, and I hav eadded a page where
                        >one can get a ton of information about the build as it's completed.
                        >There are still bugs on the page. Emma, JavaNcss and some of the jUnit
                        >stuff does *not* work. I'll try to fix these as rapidly as I can.
                        >
                        >Address: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/
                        >
                        >Any help that can be offfered on emma/the junit stuff would be
                        >appreciated - one can see the issues in the test.log linked on the page.

                        The most obvious thing I noticed is that the junit report can not find
                        the "redirect" tag. <redirect> is an extension provided by xalan. I
                        wonder which XSLT engine your build is using to do the transformation?

                        regards,
                        Frugal
                      • Frugal
                        Message 11 of 24 , Nov 19, 2004
                          Devon Jones wrote:

                          >Autobuilds are now actually *automatic*, and I hav eadded a page where
                          >one can get a ton of information about the build as it's completed.
                          >There are still bugs on the page. Emma, JavaNcss and some of the jUnit
                          >stuff does *not* work. I'll try to fix these as rapidly as I can.
                          >
                          >Address: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/
                          >
                          >Any help that can be offfered on emma/the junit stuff would be
                          >appreciated - one can see the issues in the test.log linked on the page.

                          To successfully generate the emma report I do the following:

                          ant clean
                          ant -Demma.enabled=true
                          ant -Demma.enabled=true emma.report

                          You need to pass the "-Demma.enabled=true" flag to ant so that it
                          instruments the code...

                          The javaNcss file gets generated successfully with

                          ant javaNcss

                          I get the same results under both Win2K and Linux

                          If you would like, I can have a look at your autobild script to see if I
                          can notice anything.

                          regards,
                          Frugal
                        • andargor
                          Message 12 of 24 , Nov 19, 2004
                            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
                            > andargor wrote:
                            > This is one of the things I have to fix right after 5.8. It's ".".
                            > There are no modules in the pcgen project, it's all checked into
                            the root.

                            > Devon

                            Interesting. cvs -q log -t gave me pcgen_5_7_9, but then I assume
                            that's only the current beta build, not the sources used in your
                            autobuilds.

                            Andargor
                          • Frugal
                            Message 13 of 24 , Nov 19, 2004
                              andargor wrote:

                              > Interesting. cvs -q log -t gave me pcgen_5_7_9, but then I assume
                              >
                              >that's only the current beta build, not the sources used in your
                              >autobuilds.

                              I do not think that the qutobuilds do a check out based on a tag, they
                              do a checkout based on the most recent version at the time the autobuild
                              was started.

                              I do not think that autobuilds should have a tag, it will add way too
                              many tags into the system and if we want to replicate a particular
                              autobuild we can do a checkout based on date-time.

                              regards,
                              Frugal
                            • andargor
                              Message 14 of 24 , Nov 19, 2004
                                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Frugal <frugal@p...> wrote:
                                > I do not think that autobuilds should have a tag, it will add way
                                too
                                > many tags into the system and if we want to replicate a particular
                                > autobuild we can do a checkout based on date-time.
                                >
                                > regards,
                                > Frugal

                                I'm kinda confused, so I'll ask my question simply: what command do
                                you use to get the latest up-to-date sources?

                                Andargor
                              • Martin!
                                Message 15 of 24 , Nov 19, 2004
                                  The latest autobuild (November 19, 2004, 6:55 pm) doesn't work... Here
                                  is java version and message... Something about emma... (But the emma
                                  case on legolas web site was clear...)

                                  (On winxpsp1)

                                  C:\pcgen-full>java -version
                                  java version "1.4.2_05"
                                  Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-b04)

                                  C:\pcgen-full>java -jar pcgen.jar
                                  com/vladium/emma/rt/RT
                                  at pcgen.core.Main.$VRi(Main.java)
                                  at pcgen.core.Main.<clinit>(Main.java)

                                  On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:41:05 -0000, andargor <andargor@...> wrote:

                                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Frugal <frugal@p...> wrote:
                                  > > I do not think that autobuilds should have a tag, it will add way
                                  > too
                                  > > many tags into the system and if we want to replicate a particular
                                  > > autobuild we can do a checkout based on date-time.
                                  > >
                                  > > regards,
                                  > > Frugal
                                  >
                                  > I'm kinda confused, so I'll ask my question simply: what command do
                                  > you use to get the latest up-to-date sources?
                                  >
                                  > Andargor

                                  > PCGen's FAQ:
                                  > http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/
                                  >

                                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                • Devon Jones
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Nov 19, 2004
                                    Martin! wrote:

                                    >The latest autobuild (November 19, 2004, 6:55 pm) doesn't work... Here
                                    >is java version and message... Something about emma... (But the emma
                                    >case on legolas web site was clear...)
                                    >
                                    >(On winxpsp1)
                                    >

                                    >C:\pcgen-full>java -version
                                    >java version "1.4.2_05"
                                    >Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-b04)
                                    >Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_05-b04, mixed mode)
                                    >
                                    >C:\pcgen-full>java -jar pcgen.jar
                                    >Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
                                    >com/vladium/emma/rt/RT
                                    > at pcgen.core.Main.$VRi(Main.java)
                                    > at pcgen.core.Main.<clinit>(Main.java)

                                    The instrumentation must break it
                                    I'll do a second build for emma

                                    Devon
                                  • Frugal
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Nov 19, 2004
                                      On Fri, November 19, 2004 8:34 pm, Devon Jones said:
                                      > Martin! wrote:
                                      >
                                      >>The latest autobuild (November 19, 2004, 6:55 pm) doesn't work... Here
                                      >>is java version and message... Something about emma... (But the emma
                                      >>case on legolas web site was clear...)
                                      >>

                                      >>C:\pcgen-full>java -jar pcgen.jar
                                      >>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
                                      >>com/vladium/emma/rt/RT
                                      >> at pcgen.core.Main.$VRi(Main.java)
                                      >> at pcgen.core.Main.<clinit>(Main.java)
                                      >>

                                      > The instrumentation must break it
                                      > I'll do a second build for emma

                                      Once you instrument the code you will need to use the emma jar file to run
                                      the code. So we will need to do the build once to get the unit tests and
                                      the emma code coverage and then once more to get an uninstrumented build
                                      for download.

                                      --
                                      regards,
                                      Frugal
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 30, 2014

                                        I can't figure out what I am doing wrong here.  I am trying to get the most recent version of PCGen downloaded, from last night or whatever.  The autobuilds seem to be how to do this.  It specifically says

                                        "These are regular scheduled builds from the development branch (trunk) of PCGen. Every night, the project is checked for changes and if any have been made a new build is generated."

                                        Perfect, just what I am looking for.  However when I click the download autobuilds link I see this at the bottom:

                                        "Built at 2014-08-28 22:57, +1000 for PCGen Version 6.03.07-SNAPSHOT."

                                        From 8-28?  It says it is 6.03.07 but even when I delete my entire install and download the full distribution when I run the program and go to help, about, it says:

                                        6.03.06 autobuild #87

                                        I can clearly see from the changelog that #88 came out on the 29th and #89 came out on the 30th.  What do I have to do to download #89?  Am I just being too impatient and this is how it normally goes or am I missing something here?

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Aug 31, 2014
                                          Hi Eric,

                                          What isn't being displayed for your eyes is that those two builds "Failed". Failed builds are not published. Since something is broken, those don't get made available to the public. Unlike personal builds which I can whip out on my personal machine, the public builds are set to not finish when a failing test is found. It's a safety mechanism to protect the public, and prevent the monkeys from getting a barrage of bug reports.

                                          The board meeting we mentioned the build issue, and took steps to rectify it. #90 Should be fixed. If you need the build, I can preempt it and push one out, though I think #90 is due out in about 5 hours.

                                          Here you can have a look for yourself:
                                          http://ci.pcgen.org/jenkins/job/PCGen%20Full%20Build%20-%20Gradle/
                                          Notice the red dot. Red is bad.

                                          Here are the reports highlighting changes that caused a build break:
                                          http://ci.pcgen.org/jenkins/job/PCGen%20Full%20Build%20-%20Gradle/88/changes
                                          http://ci.pcgen.org/jenkins/job/PCGen%20Full%20Build%20-%20Gradle/89/changes

                                          Test Result will give you the list of the tests, and at the top, the failing test(s). Clicking on the test will give you the error message and then a complete stacktrace.

                                          In case you can't decipher the error message, the unit test Bob had a flagrant error in his Casting. Was 8, now 0. That was due to a special case DEFINE in gamemode. I reversed the changes to those specific DEFINEs and James disabled the error checking against those specifically.

                                          Respectively, these trackers capture the issues:
                                          CODE-2703 "Make rules exception for 'DEFINE:MAXLEVELSTAT=' to be non-zero value"
                                          DATA-2012 "Reverse 'DEFINE:MAXLEVELSTAT=x' back to original set up"

                                          And if you're wondering, how does he know?
                                          http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

                                          For the Jenkins, I think you need to be an SF svn user to get notifications. Otherwise, depending on the "build" environment failing, if it has to do with the data tests, the notification is copied to the Experimental List (Where the LST monkeys monitor); Trunk build failure will go to the Developers list; where the Full Build failure is only sent to the monkeys that pushed commits that were in the cycle that caused the failure.

                                          Anyways, that is your detailed answer to why the autobuild you have is not current to the current date.

                                          Cheers,
                                          Andrew

                                          On 8/30/2014 10:22 PM, elparker@... [pcgen] wrote:

                                          I can't figure out what I am doing wrong here.  I am trying to get the most recent version of PCGen downloaded, from last night or whatever.  The autobuilds seem to be how to do this.  It specifically says

                                          "These are regular scheduled builds from the development branch (trunk) of PCGen. Every night, the project is checked for changes and if any have been made a new build is generated."

                                          Perfect, just what I am looking for.  However when I click the download autobuilds link I see this at the bottom:

                                          "Built at 2014-08-28 22:57, +1000 for PCGen Version 6.03.07-SNAPSHOT."

                                          From 8-28?  It says it is 6.03.07 but even when I delete my entire install and download the full distribution when I run the program and go to help, about, it says:

                                          6.03.06 autobuild #87

                                          I can clearly see from the changelog that #88 came out on the 29th and #89 came out on the 30th.  What do I have to do to download #89?  Am I just being too impatient and this is how it normally goes or am I missing something here?

                                        • James Dempsey
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Aug 31, 2014

                                            Andrew, that was a fantastic description - couldn't have done it better myself!

                                            Eric, the autobuild last night passed all tests so the very latest work is available for download.

                                            Cheers,
                                            James.

                                            On 31/08/2014 6:29 PM, Andrew drew0500@... [pcgen] wrote:
[...]

                                            From8-28?  It says it is 6.03.07 but even when I delete my entire install and download the full distribution when I run the program and go to help, about, it says:

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Aug 31, 2014
                                              Wow, now that's a detailed answer!  I saw the red dots, just read them wrong.  I did a mouse over and saw "Failed > Console Output" and since the page took a bit to load I thought it was checking the console version I had installed and was showing me that I did not have 88 or 89 installed.  Now that I know they were failed builds, it all makes sense.  Thanks as always!
                                            • eric.parker069
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Aug 31, 2014
                                                Thanks, I have it downloaded, now I have a new question.  I am looking at issues that were fixed in 88, 89,and 90.  When I look them up in JIRA, it says Fix Versions: 6.04.00.RC1.  I expect if I have 90 installed, then the fixes should be in that build, right?  I just want to make sure before I start telling Andrew that what he fixed isn't working for me.  I can't imagine I would need to wait for the 04 release to test it if I am downloading the nightly builds, but wanted to make sure first.
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Aug 31, 2014

                                                  Technically the fixes are in the autobuilds, which are a preview of the next release. However, any bugs should be reported against the last actual released version and a note that the build is an autobuild.

                                                  Cheers,
                                                  Andrew

                                                  On 8/31/2014 7:03 PM, elparker@... [pcgen] wrote:
                                                  Thanks, I have it downloaded, now I have a new question.  I am looking at issues that were fixed in 88, 89,and 90.  When I look them up in JIRA, it says Fix Versions: 6.04.00.RC1.  I expect if I have 90 installed, then the fixes should be in that build, right?  I just want to make sure before I start telling Andrew that what he fixed isn't working for me.  I can't imagine I would need to wait for the 04 release to test it if I am downloading the nightly builds, but wanted to make sure first.

                                                • David R. Bender
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Dec 23, 2014
                                                    I have a download link for the Production
                                                    version:http://www.pcgen.org/autobuilds-prod/
                                                    and for the "Trunk" (aka development) version:
                                                    http://www.pcgen.org/autobuilds/

                                                    When we move the source code to Github, will both of these links still
                                                    be valid, or will there be another way to get Autobuilds?
                                                    --

                                                    -- david
                                                    Papa.DRB

                                                    My better half and me (jpg)