[pcgen] Feature request - ZIP file support

  • Shane Harsch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26 8:32 AM
      I saw a request on here a while ago for a campaign specific collection of files that are easily managed as opposed to adding text to existing files and tagging them as campaign specific.

      Why not make each campaign it's own zip file with a collection of .lst files. For my campaign I would build a directory, edit the .lst files (skills, feats, etc.), csheets, and then zip the directory as campaign.zip or campaign.lar (.lar for .lst archive). Then I could send that to my players, post that to the egroup and bam! one file for the campaign. If I wanted to include equipment from someone else's campaign it would be my responsibility to update my .lar file and then post an update. I know Java supports .zip files intrinsically so I thought this might be doable.

      I am really in love with this program. I have pseudocoded a similar one but never got around to it. I intend to support this program fully to the best of my ability. I have a highly customized campaign with no standard races and even an altered magic system. This tool gives me the ability to simplify the character creation process and manage the output. I have a character sheet that is nearly done and will be posting it shortly.

      Keep up the good work.