4.1.4 for Mac?

  • Richard Kant
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
      Any idea when?

      Thanks.
    • NTP
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
        Since PCGen is a Java program, shouldn't it run on a Mac now? I assumed
        most Mac's will run Java.
        NTP

        Richard Kant wrote:

        > Any idea when?
        >
        > Thanks.

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      • Anestis Kozakis
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
          >Any idea when?
          >
          >Thanks.

          Download the three zip files, unzip them tot he right directories,
          and then double click on the jar file.

          It runs perfect on Mac OSX.

          Anestis.

          --
          kenosti@...
          "No brilliance is needed in the law. Nothing but common sense,
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
            I'm running OS X (10.1.5, with Java 1.3.1) and have always been able to run
            PCGen.

            If you are referring to OS 9 (Classic), Apple does not support Java 1.3 for
            Classic.

            As a result, PCGen will only work with OS X 10.1 or 10.2

            The rumor is that Java 1.4 will be supported in 10.2 as well.

            JP
          • Richard Kant
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 3, 2002
              I was meaning when will we see the Mac OS X specific
              build for 4.1.4?

              That's all. For some reason, the OS X specific build runs
              better, at least on my machine.

              RK

              --- In pcgen@y..., "JP" <blackeagleblackeagle@y...> wrote:
              > I'm running OS X (10.1.5, with Java 1.3.1) and have always been able to run
              > PCGen.
              >
              > If you are referring to OS 9 (Classic), Apple does not support Java 1.3 for
              > Classic.
              >
              > As a result, PCGen will only work with OS X 10.1 or 10.2
              >
              > The rumor is that Java 1.4 will be supported in 10.2 as well.
              >
              > JP
            • merton_monk
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 3, 2002
                Conor puts the OS X specific builds - he usually puts it out the day
                after I put out a release, but he may have gotten tied up in RL, be
                on vacation, etc. I'm sure if you send him an email he'd let you
                know when he plans on updating the OS X release. He doesn't post
                here very often, so an email directly to him would be the way to go.

                -Bryan
                --- In pcgen@y..., "Richard Kant" <crusader-x@c...> wrote:
                > I was meaning when will we see the Mac OS X specific
                > build for 4.1.4?
                >
                > That's all. For some reason, the OS X specific build runs
                > better, at least on my machine.
                >
                > RK
                >
                > --- In pcgen@y..., "JP" <blackeagleblackeagle@y...> wrote:
                > > I'm running OS X (10.1.5, with Java 1.3.1) and have always been
                able to run
                > > PCGen.
                > >
                > > If you are referring to OS 9 (Classic), Apple does not support
                Java 1.3 for
                > > Classic.
                > >
                > > As a result, PCGen will only work with OS X 10.1 or 10.2
                > >
                > > The rumor is that Java 1.4 will be supported in 10.2 as well.
                > >
                > > JP
              • JP
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 4, 2002
                  I went and found the Mac OS X specific build of 4.1.3 and have to admit it runs
                  much better than the normal PCGen. I found it at MacUpdate.com.

                  I've gone through the Mac build of 4.1.3 and cannot find the contact
                  information for "Conor".

                  Am I lost? Can someone point me in the right direction to the right URLs for
                  the Mac OS X specific builds of PCGen, like their support site? (besides
                  macupdate.com)

                  JP

                  > Conor puts the OS X specific builds - he usually puts it out the day
                  > after I put out a release, but he may have gotten tied up in RL, be
                  > on vacation, etc. I'm sure if you send him an email he'd let you
                  > know when he plans on updating the OS X release. He doesn't post
                  > here very often, so an email directly to him would be the way to go.
                  >
                  > -Bryan
                • Ian Dale
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 4, 2002

                    Here's Conor's site: http://homepage.mac.com/conor/