Paladin Mount

  • lonbarnett1957
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
      Does PCGen support a special mount for Paladin other that warhorse.
      I tried to give a 7th level Paladin a Pegasus as a special mount and
      encountered several problems.

      First the INT of the Pegasus was LOWERED to 6.
      Second the attack values are WAY off.
      and Lastly the innate spells for the Pegasus were removed.

      Is this a bug or something that is just not supported yet?
    • Jeremy H
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
        The paladin in my group is wanting to use either a camel or a dire wolf as his mount, but I can't figure out how to add those races to the mount list for special mounts.

        Can anyone offer any advice? I'm using the 3.0 datasets.
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013

          Paladin character, go to the Companions tab. Should be an entry for Paladin Mount in the Left Pane -
          Create New - List of All monsters will be displayed. Select whichever one you like.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
            Neither of the animals that I'm looking to select for the mount are listed. That's the problem. I've been through the LST files and added both animals to every race and creature list I can find, but they don't show up in the race select for a special mount.

            So which LST does it need to be in and what tags does it need to show as a mount?

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013

              SRD basic, Camel is included as a regular animal. If you load srd complete under the advanced tab
              you'll have the available choice of your camel and dire wolf.

              This line makes it so:

              Special Mount CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.SpellLike VISIBLE:YES
              DEFINE:SpecialMountLVL|0 FOLLOWERS:Special Mount|1 COMPANIONLIST:Special Mount|ANY

              This is the tag that makes all mounts available:

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
                It worked! At last! Thank you so much, I've been trying for months to get that mount taken care of.