Re: Magic armor + magic shield (WAS: WOTC Monk # of attacks at 12lvl ...)

  • Felipe F. Diniz
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
      BTW, this monk, in my 414 pcgen works fine too, and i don't have your
      corrections.

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
      > Bryan
      >
      > The magic armor + magic shield issue will be fixed on tomorrow's
      > autobuild?
      >

      > Felipe Diniz
      >
      > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
      > > I get your AC as 30, which is correct.
      > > +10 for your base ac
      > > +8 from dex
      > > +4 from wisdom
      > > +2 from monk bonus
      > > +6 from bracers (the +4 from your Battle Cloak doesn't stack with
      > > your bracers)
      > >
      > > However, I am using a version in which I've fixed the magic armor
      +
      > > magic shield stacking properly with other armor related bonuses.
      > > I'll check my changes in tonight, so if you don't see a 30 now,
      you
      > > will with the next release. :)
      > >
      > > -Bryan
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
        Good - it didn't look like the magic armor + magic shield problem
        would be involved here. And yes... I'll have my checkin for this
        done tonight, though it will involve a minor data change as well.
        Hopefully Tir will be online tonight so I can explain the necessary
        data changes. I think they'll all be in the dmgequipmods.lst file
        since that's the only file that I know of that defines the armor
        bonuses for magical pluses. Instead of ARMOR.ENCHANTMENT, the bonus
        will be ARMOR.REPLACE.STACK, meaning it will stack with the
        ARMOR.REPLACE type of bonus on the armor.

        So now we can have bonuses of TYPE=ARMOR, ARMOR.REPLACE, ARMOR.STACK
        and ARMOR.REPLACE.STACK which are all combined correctly. Anyone
        confused yet? ;)

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
        > BTW, this monk, in my 414 pcgen works fine too, and i don't have
        your
        > corrections.
        >
        > --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
        > > Bryan
        > >
        > > The magic armor + magic shield issue will be fixed on tomorrow's
        > > autobuild?
        > >

        > > Felipe Diniz
        > >
        > > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
        > > > I get your AC as 30, which is correct.
        > > > +10 for your base ac
        > > > +8 from dex
        > > > +4 from wisdom
        > > > +2 from monk bonus
        > > > +6 from bracers (the +4 from your Battle Cloak doesn't stack
        with
        > > > your bracers)
        > > >
        > > > However, I am using a version in which I've fixed the magic
        armor
        > +
        > > > magic shield stacking properly with other armor related
        bonuses.
        > > > I'll check my changes in tonight, so if you don't see a 30 now,
        > you
        > > > will with the next release. :)
        > > >
        > > > -Bryan
      • bd_92
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2002
          groovy..glad someone else caught that..tonights autobuild will save
          me some problems..will we need to run our files through the converter
          to do this or is this all code based??