Re: WOTC Monk # of attacks at 12lvl & weapon finesse exclusion

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
      Files->Needs Help With
      and there's a subdirectory for pcg files. Post a note to the group
      when you upload, and make sure the description of the file indicates
      the problem.

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., "icnalien" <icnalien@y...> wrote:
      > Would be happy to upload pcg file, I assume it goes to the site I
      > read about here in the "Files" section of characters?? However if
      you
      > wouldn't mind give short synopsis of method to upload.
      > Thanks,
      > MikeF--- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In pcgen@y..., "icnalien" <icnalien@y...> wrote:
      > > > Just tried out the newest vs second newest version, neither of
      > > which
      > > > correctly give the number of attacks, which at 12th should be
      > three
      > > > (3) with bases of 9, 6, 3. Whatis printed in preview is 2
      > attacks
      > > at
      > > > base 9, 4.
      > >
      > > This worked for me. Could you upload your pcg file? I wonder if
      > it
      > > got munged somehow. At least a completely newly created Monk
      works
      > > just fine, and my own PC is a Monk, so I tend to notice those
      > > problems. :)
      > >

      > > > A secondary problem is that I took Weapon Finesse: Unarmed &
      > > swapped
      > > > Dexterity for Strength, but it still uses Str to calculate
      my "To
      > > Hit
      > > > Totals."
      > >
      > > It will use the STR bonus if it's greater than the DEX bonus. I
      > just
      > > tested this and it worked just fine.
      > >

      > > > Also just noticed that my old AC which was close to correct;
      is
      > > now
      > > > 12 points lower, do I need to do something when putting old
      > correct
      > > > character in the new version; since I have quite a bit of magic
      > > > helping out my AC???
      > >
      > > I don't think so... nothing has changed that should make your
      > > character not work properly unless it's a really old one.
      Assuming
      > > you created your character with 4.0.0 or beyond there shouldn't
      be
      > > any problems.
      > >
      > > -Bryan
      > >

      > > > Thanks,
      > > >
      > > > MikeF
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
        I get your AC as 30, which is correct.
        +10 for your base ac
        +8 from dex
        +4 from wisdom
        +2 from monk bonus
        +6 from bracers (the +4 from your Battle Cloak doesn't stack with
        your bracers)

        However, I am using a version in which I've fixed the magic armor +
        magic shield stacking properly with other armor related bonuses.
        I'll check my changes in tonight, so if you don't see a 30 now, you
        will with the next release. :)

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "icnalien" <icnalien@y...> wrote:
        > Didn't know to add "Unarmed Strike" to equipment to get the correct
        > number of attacks; have done so & now "Unarmed Strike is added to
        > output character sheet. This now takes care of problems #1 & #2.
        > Still have problem #3.
        > It does help to read FAQ's & other material on site.--- In
        > pcgen@y..., "icnalien" <icnalien@y...> wrote:
        > > Just tried out the newest vs second newest version, neither of
        > which
        > > correctly give the number of attacks, which at 12th should be
        three
        > > (3) with bases of 9, 6, 3. Whatis printed in preview is 2
        attacks
        > at
        > > base 9, 4.
        > >
        > > A secondary problem is that I took Weapon Finesse: Unarmed &
        > swapped
        > > Dexterity for Strength, but it still uses Str to calculate my "To
        > Hit
        > > Totals."
        > >
        > > Also just noticed that my old AC which was close to correct; is
        > now
        > > 12 points lower, do I need to do something when putting old
        correct
        > > character in the new version; since I have quite a bit of magic
        > > helping out my AC???
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > MikeF
      • Felipe F. Diniz
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
          Bryan

          The magic armor + magic shield issue will be fixed on tomorrow's
          autobuild?

          Felipe Diniz

          > I get your AC as 30, which is correct.
          > +10 for your base ac
          > +8 from dex
          > +4 from wisdom
          > +2 from monk bonus
          > +6 from bracers (the +4 from your Battle Cloak doesn't stack with
          > your bracers)
          >
          > However, I am using a version in which I've fixed the magic armor +
          > magic shield stacking properly with other armor related bonuses.
          > I'll check my changes in tonight, so if you don't see a 30 now, you
          > will with the next release. :)
          >
          > -Bryan
        • Felipe F. Diniz
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
            BTW, this monk, in my 414 pcgen works fine too, and i don't have your
            corrections.

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
            > Bryan
            >
            > The magic armor + magic shield issue will be fixed on tomorrow's
            > autobuild?
            >

            > Felipe Diniz
            >
            > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
            > > I get your AC as 30, which is correct.
            > > +10 for your base ac
            > > +8 from dex
            > > +4 from wisdom
            > > +2 from monk bonus
            > > +6 from bracers (the +4 from your Battle Cloak doesn't stack with
            > > your bracers)
            > >
            > > However, I am using a version in which I've fixed the magic armor
            +
            > > magic shield stacking properly with other armor related bonuses.
            > > I'll check my changes in tonight, so if you don't see a 30 now,
            you
            > > will with the next release. :)
            > >
            > > -Bryan
          • merton_monk
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
              Good - it didn't look like the magic armor + magic shield problem
              would be involved here. And yes... I'll have my checkin for this
              done tonight, though it will involve a minor data change as well.
              Hopefully Tir will be online tonight so I can explain the necessary
              data changes. I think they'll all be in the dmgequipmods.lst file
              since that's the only file that I know of that defines the armor
              bonuses for magical pluses. Instead of ARMOR.ENCHANTMENT, the bonus
              will be ARMOR.REPLACE.STACK, meaning it will stack with the
              ARMOR.REPLACE type of bonus on the armor.

              So now we can have bonuses of TYPE=ARMOR, ARMOR.REPLACE, ARMOR.STACK
              and ARMOR.REPLACE.STACK which are all combined correctly. Anyone
              confused yet? ;)

              -Bryan

              --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
              > BTW, this monk, in my 414 pcgen works fine too, and i don't have
              your
              > corrections.
              >
              > --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
              > > Bryan
              > >
              > > The magic armor + magic shield issue will be fixed on tomorrow's
              > > autobuild?
              > >

              > > Felipe Diniz
              > >
              > > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
              > > > I get your AC as 30, which is correct.
              > > > +10 for your base ac
              > > > +8 from dex
              > > > +4 from wisdom
              > > > +2 from monk bonus
              > > > +6 from bracers (the +4 from your Battle Cloak doesn't stack
              with
              > > > your bracers)
              > > >
              > > > However, I am using a version in which I've fixed the magic
              armor
              > +
              > > > magic shield stacking properly with other armor related
              bonuses.
              > > > I'll check my changes in tonight, so if you don't see a 30 now,
              > you
              > > > will with the next release. :)
              > > >
              > > > -Bryan
            • bd_92
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 1, 2002
                groovy..glad someone else caught that..tonights autobuild will save
                me some problems..will we need to run our files through the converter
                to do this or is this all code based??