Re: WOTC Monk # of attacks at 12lvl & weapon finesse exclusion

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., "icnalien" <icnalien@y...> wrote:
      > Just tried out the newest vs second newest version, neither of
      which
      > correctly give the number of attacks, which at 12th should be three
      > (3) with bases of 9, 6, 3. Whatis printed in preview is 2 attacks
      at
      > base 9, 4.

      This worked for me. Could you upload your pcg file? I wonder if it
      got munged somehow. At least a completely newly created Monk works
      just fine, and my own PC is a Monk, so I tend to notice those
      problems. :)

      > A secondary problem is that I took Weapon Finesse: Unarmed &
      swapped
      > Dexterity for Strength, but it still uses Str to calculate my "To
      Hit
      > Totals."

      It will use the STR bonus if it's greater than the DEX bonus. I just
      tested this and it worked just fine.

      > Also just noticed that my old AC which was close to correct; is
      now
      > 12 points lower, do I need to do something when putting old correct
      > character in the new version; since I have quite a bit of magic
      > helping out my AC???

      I don't think so... nothing has changed that should make your
      character not work properly unless it's a really old one. Assuming
      you created your character with 4.0.0 or beyond there shouldn't be
      any problems.

      -Bryan

      > Thanks,
      >
      > MikeF
    • icnalien
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
        Didn't know to add "Unarmed Strike" to equipment to get the correct
        number of attacks; have done so & now "Unarmed Strike is added to
        output character sheet. This now takes care of problems #1 & #2.
        Still have problem #3.
        It does help to read FAQ's & other material on site.--- In
        pcgen@y..., "icnalien" <icnalien@y...> wrote:
        > Just tried out the newest vs second newest version, neither of
        which
        > correctly give the number of attacks, which at 12th should be three
        > (3) with bases of 9, 6, 3. Whatis printed in preview is 2 attacks
        at
        > base 9, 4.
        >
        > A secondary problem is that I took Weapon Finesse: Unarmed &
        swapped
        > Dexterity for Strength, but it still uses Str to calculate my "To
        Hit
        > Totals."
        >
        > Also just noticed that my old AC which was close to correct; is
        now
        > 12 points lower, do I need to do something when putting old correct
        > character in the new version; since I have quite a bit of magic
        > helping out my AC???
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > MikeF
      • icnalien
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
          Would be happy to upload pcg file, I assume it goes to the site I
          read about here in the "Files" section of characters?? However if you
          wouldn't mind give short synopsis of method to upload.
          Thanks,
          MikeF--- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@y..., "icnalien" <icnalien@y...> wrote:
          > > Just tried out the newest vs second newest version, neither of
          > which
          > > correctly give the number of attacks, which at 12th should be
          three
          > > (3) with bases of 9, 6, 3. Whatis printed in preview is 2
          attacks
          > at
          > > base 9, 4.
          >
          > This worked for me. Could you upload your pcg file? I wonder if
          it
          > got munged somehow. At least a completely newly created Monk works
          > just fine, and my own PC is a Monk, so I tend to notice those
          > problems. :)
          >

          > > A secondary problem is that I took Weapon Finesse: Unarmed &
          > swapped
          > > Dexterity for Strength, but it still uses Str to calculate my "To
          > Hit
          > > Totals."
          >
          > It will use the STR bonus if it's greater than the DEX bonus. I
          just
          > tested this and it worked just fine.
          >

          > > Also just noticed that my old AC which was close to correct; is
          > now
          > > 12 points lower, do I need to do something when putting old
          correct
          > > character in the new version; since I have quite a bit of magic
          > > helping out my AC???
          >
          > I don't think so... nothing has changed that should make your
          > character not work properly unless it's a really old one. Assuming
          > you created your character with 4.0.0 or beyond there shouldn't be
          > any problems.
          >
          > -Bryan
          >

          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > MikeF
        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
            Files->Needs Help With
            and there's a subdirectory for pcg files. Post a note to the group
            when you upload, and make sure the description of the file indicates
            the problem.

            -Bryan

          • merton_monk
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
              I get your AC as 30, which is correct.
              +10 for your base ac
              +8 from dex
              +4 from wisdom
              +2 from monk bonus
              +6 from bracers (the +4 from your Battle Cloak doesn't stack with
              your bracers)

              However, I am using a version in which I've fixed the magic armor +
              magic shield stacking properly with other armor related bonuses.
              I'll check my changes in tonight, so if you don't see a 30 now, you
              will with the next release. :)

              -Bryan

              --- In pcgen@y..., "icnalien" <icnalien@y...> wrote:
              > Didn't know to add "Unarmed Strike" to equipment to get the correct
              > number of attacks; have done so & now "Unarmed Strike is added to
              > output character sheet. This now takes care of problems #1 & #2.
              > Still have problem #3.
              > It does help to read FAQ's & other material on site.--- In
              > pcgen@y..., "icnalien" <icnalien@y...> wrote:
              > > Just tried out the newest vs second newest version, neither of
              > which
              > > correctly give the number of attacks, which at 12th should be
              three
              > > (3) with bases of 9, 6, 3. Whatis printed in preview is 2
              attacks
              > at
              > > base 9, 4.
              > >
              > > A secondary problem is that I took Weapon Finesse: Unarmed &
              > swapped
              > > Dexterity for Strength, but it still uses Str to calculate my "To
              > Hit
              > > Totals."
              > >
              > > Also just noticed that my old AC which was close to correct; is
              > now
              > > 12 points lower, do I need to do something when putting old
              correct
              > > character in the new version; since I have quite a bit of magic
              > > helping out my AC???
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > >
              > > MikeF
            • Felipe F. Diniz
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
                Bryan

                The magic armor + magic shield issue will be fixed on tomorrow's
                autobuild?

                Felipe Diniz

                > I get your AC as 30, which is correct.
                > +10 for your base ac
                > +8 from dex
                > +4 from wisdom
                > +2 from monk bonus
                > +6 from bracers (the +4 from your Battle Cloak doesn't stack with
                > your bracers)
                >
                > However, I am using a version in which I've fixed the magic armor +
                > magic shield stacking properly with other armor related bonuses.
                > I'll check my changes in tonight, so if you don't see a 30 now, you
                > will with the next release. :)
                >
                > -Bryan
              • Felipe F. Diniz
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
                  BTW, this monk, in my 414 pcgen works fine too, and i don't have your
                  corrections.

                  --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
                  > Bryan
                  >
                  > The magic armor + magic shield issue will be fixed on tomorrow's
                  > autobuild?
                  >

                  > Felipe Diniz
                  >
                  > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
                  > > I get your AC as 30, which is correct.
                  > > +10 for your base ac
                  > > +8 from dex
                  > > +4 from wisdom
                  > > +2 from monk bonus
                  > > +6 from bracers (the +4 from your Battle Cloak doesn't stack with
                  > > your bracers)
                  > >
                  > > However, I am using a version in which I've fixed the magic armor
                  +
                  > > magic shield stacking properly with other armor related bonuses.
                  > > I'll check my changes in tonight, so if you don't see a 30 now,
                  you
                  > > will with the next release. :)
                  > >
                  > > -Bryan
                • merton_monk
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
                    Good - it didn't look like the magic armor + magic shield problem
                    would be involved here. And yes... I'll have my checkin for this
                    done tonight, though it will involve a minor data change as well.
                    Hopefully Tir will be online tonight so I can explain the necessary
                    data changes. I think they'll all be in the dmgequipmods.lst file
                    since that's the only file that I know of that defines the armor
                    bonuses for magical pluses. Instead of ARMOR.ENCHANTMENT, the bonus
                    will be ARMOR.REPLACE.STACK, meaning it will stack with the
                    ARMOR.REPLACE type of bonus on the armor.

                    So now we can have bonuses of TYPE=ARMOR, ARMOR.REPLACE, ARMOR.STACK
                    and ARMOR.REPLACE.STACK which are all combined correctly. Anyone
                    confused yet? ;)

                    -Bryan

                    --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
                    > BTW, this monk, in my 414 pcgen works fine too, and i don't have
                    your
                    > corrections.
                    >
                    > --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
                    > > Bryan
                    > >
                    > > The magic armor + magic shield issue will be fixed on tomorrow's
                    > > autobuild?
                    > >

                    > > Felipe Diniz
                    > >
                    > > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
                    > > > I get your AC as 30, which is correct.
                    > > > +10 for your base ac
                    > > > +8 from dex
                    > > > +4 from wisdom
                    > > > +2 from monk bonus
                    > > > +6 from bracers (the +4 from your Battle Cloak doesn't stack
                    with
                    > > > your bracers)
                    > > >
                    > > > However, I am using a version in which I've fixed the magic
                    armor
                    > +
                    > > > magic shield stacking properly with other armor related
                    bonuses.
                    > > > I'll check my changes in tonight, so if you don't see a 30 now,
                    > you
                    > > > will with the next release. :)
                    > > >
                    > > > -Bryan
                  • bd_92
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 1, 2002
                      groovy..glad someone else caught that..tonights autobuild will save
                      me some problems..will we need to run our files through the converter
                      to do this or is this all code based??