Re: Half-Celestial Human Monk

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., "JP" <blackeagleblackeagle@y...> wrote:
      > OK, Yes, I know.
      >
      > This combination seems to be outrageous, but it is interesting for
      finding bugs.
      > Class3 Monk with +3 ACL for the Half-Celestial. XP 15000+ but
      below 21000.

      > Bug 1: "Light" is not inherent to Half-Celestials. It is in the
      template for "Half-
      > Celestial/Half-Unicorn" and the Light comes from the Unicorn side.

      What are you referring to as "Light"? I'll let a data monkey take a
      look at that one.

      > Bug 2: In 4.1.3, the unarmed bonus to the special light weapons
      (nunchaku,
      > kama, shiangham) was not applied. 4.1.4 seems to apply some stuff
      twice.

      Hm? I just tried it with a Monk and the bonuses were correct. Is
      this a character you created in 4.1.4?

      > Bug 3: Just by changing from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4, all of my base saves
      went from +
      > 3 to +7. Can't figure out where that came from.

      I don't know either - in 4.1.4 the base saves for a Human/Half-
      Celestial Monk is coming up as +3 for me. I get +6/+7 with the
      addition of stat bonuses.

      > Bug 4: AC went from 19 to 23. Wisdom Misc Bonus to AC being
      applied
      > twice, it looks like.

      Hm - again, this worked fine for me. I have a +4 from WIS, +3 from
      Dex and +1 Natural Armor from Half-Celestial.

      -Bryan

      > All of my tricks for forcing PCGen to recalculate stuff did not do
      anything to
      > change these outputs to csheetROG_Compact. Light, AC and Saves are
      > showing within PCGen, and not just to the character sheet. No way
      to see the
      > weapon modifiers until it is on the sheet.
      >
      > Running on Mac OS X (10.1.5).
      >
      > JP
    • JP
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31, 2002
        > What are you referring to as "Light"? I'll let a data monkey take a
        > look at that one.

        The spontaneous "Light" spell.

        > Hm? I just tried it with a Monk and the bonuses were correct. Is
        > this a character you created in 4.1.4?

        Character was rebuilt in 4.1.3 and transferred to 4.1.4. I suppose I'll have to
        rebuild in 4.1.4 and see what happens.

        JP
      • JP
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
          If I rebuild, I don't have any problems. This doesn't make too much sense
          unless there is a change in the .pcg formatting.

          If I build a character and save it with 4.1.4, how is it any different than loading
          a 4.1.3 character?

          JP

          --- In pcgen@y..., "JP" <blackeagleblackeagle@y...> wrote:

          > > What are you referring to as "Light"? I'll let a data monkey take a
          > > look at that one.
          >
          > The spontaneous "Light" spell.
          >
          > > Hm? I just tried it with a Monk and the bonuses were correct. Is
          > > this a character you created in 4.1.4?
          >
          > Character was rebuilt in 4.1.3 and transferred to 4.1.4. I suppose I'll have to
          > rebuild in 4.1.4 and see what happens.
          >
          > JP
        • The Dustmonger
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
            --- JP <blackeagleblackeagle@...> wrote:

            > > What are you referring to as "Light"? I'll let a
            > data monkey take a
            > > look at that one.
            >
            > The spontaneous "Light" spell.

            According to the template, all half-celestials have
            the ability to use light at will. Check the paragraph
            above the level-based spell-like abilities.

            Dusty
            de-lurking

            HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
            http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
              Um.. Half Celestials do get light spell, at will.

              MM, Templates, Half-Celestial, Special Attacks: (p.213, first printing, for those of you who need it)

              "A half-celestial retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the supernatural ability to use light at will as the spell. Half-celestials with an Intelligence or Wisdom score of 8 or higher possess the following sell-like abilities, using their level as the caseter level as specified in the table below. ..." [Bold my emphasis]

              Chief LST Chimp
              Strange Monkey
              MM Race Dragon