Half-Celestial Human Monk

  • JP
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2002
      OK, Yes, I know.

      This combination seems to be outrageous, but it is interesting for finding bugs.
      Class3 Monk with +3 ACL for the Half-Celestial. XP 15000+ but below 21000.

      Bug 1: "Light" is not inherent to Half-Celestials. It is in the template for "Half-
      Celestial/Half-Unicorn" and the Light comes from the Unicorn side.

      Bug 2: In 4.1.3, the unarmed bonus to the special light weapons (nunchaku,
      kama, shiangham) was not applied. 4.1.4 seems to apply some stuff twice.

      Bug 3: Just by changing from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4, all of my base saves went from +
      3 to +7. Can't figure out where that came from.

      Bug 4: AC went from 19 to 23. Wisdom Misc Bonus to AC being applied
      twice, it looks like.

      All of my tricks for forcing PCGen to recalculate stuff did not do anything to
      change these outputs to csheetROG_Compact. Light, AC and Saves are
      showing within PCGen, and not just to the character sheet. No way to see the
      weapon modifiers until it is on the sheet.

      Running on Mac OS X (10.1.5).

      JP
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "JP" <blackeagleblackeagle@y...> wrote:
        > OK, Yes, I know.
        >
        > This combination seems to be outrageous, but it is interesting for
        finding bugs.
        > Class3 Monk with +3 ACL for the Half-Celestial. XP 15000+ but
        below 21000.

        > Bug 1: "Light" is not inherent to Half-Celestials. It is in the
        template for "Half-
        > Celestial/Half-Unicorn" and the Light comes from the Unicorn side.

        What are you referring to as "Light"? I'll let a data monkey take a
        look at that one.

        > Bug 2: In 4.1.3, the unarmed bonus to the special light weapons
        (nunchaku,
        > kama, shiangham) was not applied. 4.1.4 seems to apply some stuff
        twice.

        Hm? I just tried it with a Monk and the bonuses were correct. Is
        this a character you created in 4.1.4?

        > Bug 3: Just by changing from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4, all of my base saves
        went from +
        > 3 to +7. Can't figure out where that came from.

        I don't know either - in 4.1.4 the base saves for a Human/Half-
        Celestial Monk is coming up as +3 for me. I get +6/+7 with the
        addition of stat bonuses.

        > Bug 4: AC went from 19 to 23. Wisdom Misc Bonus to AC being
        applied
        > twice, it looks like.

        Hm - again, this worked fine for me. I have a +4 from WIS, +3 from
        Dex and +1 Natural Armor from Half-Celestial.

        -Bryan

        > All of my tricks for forcing PCGen to recalculate stuff did not do
        anything to
        > change these outputs to csheetROG_Compact. Light, AC and Saves are
        > showing within PCGen, and not just to the character sheet. No way
        to see the
        > weapon modifiers until it is on the sheet.
        >
        > Running on Mac OS X (10.1.5).
        >
        > JP
      • JP
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2002
          > What are you referring to as "Light"? I'll let a data monkey take a
          > look at that one.

          The spontaneous "Light" spell.

          > Hm? I just tried it with a Monk and the bonuses were correct. Is
          > this a character you created in 4.1.4?

          Character was rebuilt in 4.1.3 and transferred to 4.1.4. I suppose I'll have to
          rebuild in 4.1.4 and see what happens.

          JP
        • JP
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
            If I rebuild, I don't have any problems. This doesn't make too much sense
            unless there is a change in the .pcg formatting.

            If I build a character and save it with 4.1.4, how is it any different than loading
            a 4.1.3 character?

            JP

            --- In pcgen@y..., "JP" <blackeagleblackeagle@y...> wrote:

            > > What are you referring to as "Light"? I'll let a data monkey take a
            > > look at that one.
            >
            > The spontaneous "Light" spell.
            >
            > > Hm? I just tried it with a Monk and the bonuses were correct. Is
            > > this a character you created in 4.1.4?
            >
            > Character was rebuilt in 4.1.3 and transferred to 4.1.4. I suppose I'll have to
            > rebuild in 4.1.4 and see what happens.
            >
            > JP
          • The Dustmonger
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
              --- JP <blackeagleblackeagle@...> wrote:

              > > What are you referring to as "Light"? I'll let a
              > data monkey take a
              > > look at that one.
              >
              > The spontaneous "Light" spell.

              According to the template, all half-celestials have
              the ability to use light at will. Check the paragraph
              above the level-based spell-like abilities.

              Dusty
              de-lurking

              HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
              http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
                Um.. Half Celestials do get light spell, at will.

                MM, Templates, Half-Celestial, Special Attacks: (p.213, first printing, for those of you who need it)

                "A half-celestial retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the supernatural ability to use light at will as the spell. Half-celestials with an Intelligence or Wisdom score of 8 or higher possess the following sell-like abilities, using their level as the caseter level as specified in the table below. ..." [Bold my emphasis]

                Chief LST Chimp
                Strange Monkey
                MM Race Dragon