414 error ?

  • Felipe F. Diniz
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2002
      The Shield + Armor bonus bug is still happening on 4.1.4. Was it
      supposed to be repaired?

      For the records, i have a dwarf that uses a dwarven plate +5 and a
      large shield +5 and is getting AC 25 (should be 30).

      +------------+
      |Felipe Diniz|
      +------------+
    • Felipe F. Diniz
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 31, 2002
        Just for the records, i made it work by creating a new kind of
        equipmod, called SHLD+5, only appliable to shields, that gives a +5
        bonus of type Shield.Enhancement. This way, the shield bonus is
        counted correctly, but i don't know if it is the right way to do it.

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
        > The Shield + Armor bonus bug is still happening on 4.1.4. Was it
        > supposed to be repaired?
        >
        > For the records, i have a dwarf that uses a dwarven plate +5 and a
        > large shield +5 and is getting AC 25 (should be 30).
        >

        > +------------+
        > |Felipe Diniz|
        > +------------+
      • merton_monk
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 31, 2002
          I think the right fix is for us to apply any equipmod bonuses to AC
          on a piece of armor to the base piece of armor's armor bonus. Right
          now a shield +5 would have an armor bonus of +1 for the shield, and a
          +5 enchantment bonus for the +5. The +5 should be added to the +1
          for the base item and report a total of +6 armor bonus to the ac
          calculation logic. I think that's the only remaining issue (magical
          suits of armor will obviously use the same logic).

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
          > Just for the records, i made it work by creating a new kind of
          > equipmod, called SHLD+5, only appliable to shields, that gives a +5
          > bonus of type Shield.Enhancement. This way, the shield bonus is
          > counted correctly, but i don't know if it is the right way to do it.
          >

          > --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
          > > The Shield + Armor bonus bug is still happening on 4.1.4. Was it
          > > supposed to be repaired?
          > >
          > > For the records, i have a dwarf that uses a dwarven plate +5 and
          > > large shield +5 and is getting AC 25 (should be 30).
          > >

          > > +------------+
          > > |Felipe Diniz|
          > > +------------+
        • Felipe F. Diniz
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 31, 2002
            That sounds ok. Then the shield and armor bonus would stack, and they
            would return to the COMBAT.AC.ARMOR column on the sheet. But
            COMBAT.AC.LISTING would still be usable?

            Is it scheduled for 4.1.5? If not, i'll distributed my lst
            modification to my players, as they are having the same problem...

            Thanks, Bryan, an congratulations for the EXCELLENT work you and your
            (??) code monkeys have done with PCGen!!!

            Felipe Diniz

            > I think the right fix is for us to apply any equipmod bonuses to AC
            > on a piece of armor to the base piece of armor's armor bonus. Right
            > now a shield +5 would have an armor bonus of +1 for the shield, and
            > +5 enchantment bonus for the +5. The +5 should be added to the +1
            > for the base item and report a total of +6 armor bonus to the ac
            > calculation logic. I think that's the only remaining issue (magical
            > suits of armor will obviously use the same logic).
            >
            > -Bryan
          • merton_monk
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 31, 2002
              Thanks! I've been working on PCGen for just over 2 years now. At
              this point I've got about a dozen developers who contribute regularly
              (some actually spend more time coding than I do!), and overall about
              70 or so developers have chipped in. I'd hazard a guess that over
              100 data monkeys have worked on the data files. I'm not sure how
              many tracker monkeys we have (they're the ones who help administer
              the bug/feature lists at the pcgen.sourceforge.net and
              pcgendm.sourceforge.net sites), but I think it's around a dozen, and
              they all have various grades of soft paws. :) Literally thousands of
              people have posted here with feedback or reporting bugs or whatever.
              At this point PCGen represents a lot of work by a lot of people and
              there's still a lot to do. Someone asked me recently when we'd
              finish PCGen and I nearly died laughing! This has been a lot of fun
              and the challenge of supporting everything we can get our hands &
              paws on keeps it fun. :)

              Bryan McRoberts
              Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

              --- In pcgen@y..., "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
              > That sounds ok. Then the shield and armor bonus would stack, and
              they
              > would return to the COMBAT.AC.ARMOR column on the sheet. But
              > COMBAT.AC.LISTING would still be usable?
              >
              > Is it scheduled for 4.1.5? If not, i'll distributed my lst
              > modification to my players, as they are having the same problem...
              >
              > Thanks, Bryan, an congratulations for the EXCELLENT work you and
              your
              > (??) code monkeys have done with PCGen!!!
              >

              > Felipe Diniz
              >

              > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
              > > I think the right fix is for us to apply any equipmod bonuses to
              AC
              > > on a piece of armor to the base piece of armor's armor bonus.
              Right
              > > now a shield +5 would have an armor bonus of +1 for the shield,
              and
              > > +5 enchantment bonus for the +5. The +5 should be added to the
              +1
              > > for the base item and report a total of +6 armor bonus to the ac
              > > calculation logic. I think that's the only remaining issue
              (magical
              > > suits of armor will obviously use the same logic).
              > >
              > > -Bryan
            • bd_92
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 31, 2002
                . Someone asked me recently when we'd
                > finish PCGen and I nearly died laughing!

                "it'll be done when it's done"

                -standard programming proverb
              • cyberfunkr
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 31, 2002
                  > Someone asked me recently when we'd finish PCGen and I nearly died
                  laughing!
                  > Bryan McRoberts
                  > Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

                  PCGen's completion will be announced at the "Duke Nukem Forever"
                  release party.

                  Or there abouts...

                  /Cyberfunkr