Class Creation Question

  • Brian Burr
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 16, 2002
      I am attempting to convert one of the classes from the Defenders of
      the Faith supplement into PCGen and have run into a question. How do
      I code for the fact that the PC gets a new domain at given levels? I
      have tried using the ADDDOMAIN tag on the class level line where the
      PC gets the new domain but it does not seem to be working.

      If someone could tell me what I am missing I would appreciate it as I
      would like to try and finish converting the class sometime within the
      next couple of days.

      Brian
    • David
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 17, 2002
        I believe that you add "BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|x" where x is the number
        of domains to be added.

        -- david / Papa_DRB

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 17, 2002
          David,

          Thank you very much. You were absolutely right.

          Brian

          --- In pcgen@y..., "David" <drb@h...> wrote:
          > I believe that you add "BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|x" where x is the
          number
          > of domains to be added.
          >
          > -- david / Papa_DRB
          >
          > --- In pcgen@y..., "Brian Burr" <brianjburr@y...> wrote:
          > > I am attempting to convert one of the classes from the Defenders
          of
          > the Faith supplement into PCGen and have run into a question. How
          do
          > I code for the fact that the PC gets a new domain at given levels?
          > have tried using the ADDDOMAIN tag on the class level line where
          the
          > PC gets the new domain but it does not seem to be working.
        • Emily Smirle
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 17, 2002
            David wrote:
            > I believe that you add "BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|x" where x is the number
            > of domains to be added.

            This has to be in combination with ADDDOMAIN, IIRC.
            BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|x gives you the slots to put the domains in, and
            DOMAIN gives you the specific domain.

            for instance

            1 BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1 DOMAIN:Fire

            would give the prestige class the fire domain at first level.

            rehashing a topic which has been rehashed into hash browns, and corned
            beef hash, eaten, excreted, composted, and sent in support of restoring
            central american rainforests." -- Rob Hines Jr.
          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 17, 2002
              But what if I want to just let any of the current deity's domains be
              chosen. For instance, the Cleric is a Priest of Pelor and has chosen
              Good and Sun as his domains. For the PrC I just want him to choose an
              additional doman, so for Pelor that would be Healing or Strength. But
              "generalize" the requirement to any deity.

              -- david / Papa_DRB

              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 17, 2002
                Anyway, I just created a test PrC and with just the Bonus tag, it works
                as I wanted.. Thanks

                -- david / Papa_DRB

              • Benjamin Pew
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 17, 2002
                  You can use just BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|x. In this case, x number of domain
                  slots will be added, and all the deities' domains will be available to
                  choose.

                  But what if I want to just let any of the current deity's domains be
                  chosen. For instance, the Cleric is a Priest of Pelor and has chosen
                  Good and Sun as his domains. For the PrC I just want him to choose an
                  additional doman, so for Pelor that would be Healing or Strength. But
                  "generalize" the requirement to any deity.

                  -- david / Papa_DRB

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
                  61:HM/A=810327/R=0/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>
                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
                  61:HM/A=810327/R=1/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupmai
                  l/S=:HM/A=810327/rand=699800690>

                  <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net>
                  <http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen>
                  <http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen>

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                • Tir Gwaith
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 17, 2002
                    Just have BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1

                    That will allow them to choose one more of the character's Diety's domains.

                    Chief LST Chimp
                    Strange Monkey
                    MM Race Dragon
                    > But what if I want to just let any of the current deity's domains be
                    > chosen. For instance, the Cleric is a Priest of Pelor and has chosen
                    > Good and Sun as his domains. For the PrC I just want him to choose an
                    > additional doman, so for Pelor that would be Healing or Strength. But
                    > "generalize" the requirement to any deity.
                    >
                    > -- david / Papa_DRB
                  • Gary Totten-Emerson
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 2, 2005
                      Ok, I checked the old Posts, and didn't see this asked earlier. I'm
                      building a custom Paladin class, and I started by copying the Paladin
                      class. I changed every reference for Paladin to this new class, but
                      he can't get access to spells as he levels. Any thoughts without
                      looking at what I might have forgotten?
                    • Kevin Brown
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 2, 2005
                        > Ok, I checked the old Posts, and didn't see this asked earlier. I'm
                        > building a custom Paladin class, and I started by copying the Paladin
                        > class. I changed every reference for Paladin to this new class, but
                        > he can't get access to spells as he levels. Any thoughts without
                        > looking at what I might have forgotten?

                        Either use the CASTAS tag or you need to mod the spells to add that new
                        class to the caster list of the spell.
                      • Rusty Emerson
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 2, 2005
                          Hmm, I am betting you are right. He uses the Paladin class, so I figured if I didn't specifically change the spell list, it would default to the Pally list. Thanks, thats a starting point. So fast, too.

                          > Ok, I checked the old Posts, and didn't see this asked earlier. I'm
                          > building a custom Paladin class, and I started by copying the Paladin
                          > class. I changed every reference for Paladin to this new class, but
                          > he can't get access to spells as he levels. Any thoughts without
                          > looking at what I might have forgotten?

                          Either use the CASTAS tag or you need to mod the spells to add that new
                          class to the caster list of the spell.

                          PCGen's FAQ:
                          http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

                        • Kevin Brown
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 2, 2005
                            > Hmm, I am betting you are right. He uses the Paladin class, so I
                            > figured if I didn't specifically change the spell list, it would
                            > default to the Pally list. Thanks, thats a starting point. So fast,
                            > too.

                            Change the name of the class then PCGen won't know that it was a
                            Paladin, hence the CASTAS tag.
                          • Tir Gwaith
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
                              He wants SPELLLIST:1|Paladin

                              CASTAS will grant the CAST progression in the class (which he described he
                              already had).

                              Tir Gwaith
                              LST Chimp

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
                                Thank you very much, Tir!!!

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
                                  > He wants SPELLLIST:1|Paladin
                                  >
                                  > CASTAS will grant the CAST progression in the class (which he described he
                                  > already had).

                                  Ahh... My mistake
                                • Rusty Emerson
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
                                    What tag would that have? Have tried define and spells to no avail.
                                    > CASTAS will grant the CAST progression in the class (which he described he
                                    > already had).

                                    Ahh... My mistake

                                    PCGen's FAQ:
                                    http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

                                  • taluroniscandar
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jul 3, 2005
                                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <kevin_brown@q...> wrote:
                                      > > Ok, I checked the old Posts, and didn't see this asked earlier. I'm
                                      > > building a custom Paladin class, and I started by copying the Paladin
                                      > > class. I changed every reference for Paladin to this new class, but
                                      > > he can't get access to spells as he levels. Any thoughts without
                                      > > looking at what I might have forgotten?
                                      >
                                      > Either use the CASTAS tag or you need to mod the spells to add that new
                                      > class to the caster list of the spell.

                                      We found out a few weeks ago that CASTAS doesn't work.

                                      You probably need to add a SPELLLIST:1|Paladin tag