Re: Reducing Sources (a feature suggestion)

  • Avi
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 2, 2002
      > The hope being (and I've seen it happen) that we can prove that by
      including
      > that stuff we are encouraging people to buy their products to
      get "the full
      > scoop" as it were.

      I remember at one point I used to load EVERY source available and
      encountered a big problem (and i am not talking about the long load
      time). I just didn't understand what some of the information
      represented (especially with spells where it says to look in the book
      for a description, items that have wonderous effects etc). In
      essence I didn't have the material to back it up. But I quickly
      realized - why would I want a 1/4 baked story? Ok so I have some of
      the stats to a given item big deal. I don't have any of the flavor
      and I like to read any book that I buy (except school books heh) from
      cover to cover. I proudly state that I do not use ONE bit of
      material that I or my group members do not own. :) I think anyone
      should realize this because 1) it is morally and legally correct and
      2) you need the full story to use the material properly
      -Avi