Update on our meetings the last couple of days...

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
      As many of you are probably aware, Mynex and I flew out to Seattle to
      press our case for the non-SRD material being included in PCGen, and
      now that I'm home I wanted to fill you in as much as I can.

      On Sunday night we had a nice dinner to meet and chat with a bunch of
      Seattle-area publishers - since we were going to be in town anyway it
      seemed like a good idea to just shoot the breeze with them in an
      informal setting. That was a lot of fun and I was surprised at how
      many publishers there are in the Seattle area, although considering
      that's where Wotc is based, it shouldn't have surprised me! Monday
      morning we met with Paizo, which publishes the Dungeon & Dragon
      magazines, and it was fun to tour their offices and get to know them
      a bit more. It is very cool to see a work place where D&D books and
      Dragon magazines are everywhere! Speaking of which... that afternoon
      we met with the good folks at Wizards of the Coast. Talk about
      having lots of D&D stuff lying about! Even Tim the Sorcerer was in
      the lobby to greet us! We got to pitch our cause as a good way for
      publishers to market themselves for free and I think things went
      well. Anthony said he'd get back to us in the next week or so after
      they'd had some time to discuss it internally. As soon as a decision
      has been reached we'll communicate it here to keep you all up to
      speed. So keep your fingers crossed, say your prayers, think good
      thoughts, and hopefully everyone will be happy in a couple of weeks.
      It would probably continue to help our cause if people sent nice
      thankyou notes and how having the non-SRD material in PCGen would
      make your gaming life easier. The thankyou notes that have been sent
      so far have been well received by Wotc, so keeping that effort up can
      only help. :)

      -Bryan
      Benevolent Dictator of PCGen
    • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
        Super Sweet 8-). A favour from the moderator, if you see users asking about
        the current state of things with WoTC, please copy in Bryan's post as the
        verbatim answer.

        Thanks!!

        Karianna

        Mod

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
          Where can I send a thank you card?

          =====
          Chris Simpson

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
            Well free alcohol can come straight to me ;p, but seriously nice notes to
            customer support & Anthony V @ WotC would be appreciated.

            Karianna

            TM

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
              On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:58:27 +1200, Martijn Verburg (DSLWN) wrote:

              > Well free alcohol can come straight to me ;p, ...

              someone has certainly gotten over their bout with food
              poisoning just fine I'd say. :)

              Seriously, congrat's to the whole PCGen team! Job well done.
              My fingers are crossed and my prayers being said that it all works out.
              :)

              --
              pat----

              pat@... ---===--- http://www.sklenar.info
            • Stuart Updegrave
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
                > From: Chris Simpson [mailto:waxman80014@...]
                >
                > Where can I send a thank you card?

                Anthony.Valterra@...; Andrew.Smith@...
              • Edwin Charles Holley II
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002
                  How about an email address for this. Thanks :)

                  On Tuesday, October 01, 2002 20:58, Martijn Verburg (DSLWN) [SMTP:MartijnV@...] wrote:
                  > Well free alcohol can come straight to me ;p, but seriously nice notes to
                  > customer support & Anthony V @ WotC would be appreciated.
                  >

                  > Karianna
                  >
                  > TM

                • Stuart Updegrave
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002
                    > From: Edwin Charles Holley II [mailto:vze3bbrq@...]
                    >
                    > How about an email address for this. Thanks :)

                    I posted them yesterday; for those watching at home, here's the slo-mo
                    replay:

                    Anthony.Valterra@...; Andrew.Smith@...
                  • Keith Davies
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002
                      On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:45:07PM +0000, merton_monk wrote:
                      > As many of you are probably aware, Mynex and I flew out to Seattle to
                      > press our case for the non-SRD material being included in PCGen, and
                      > now that I'm home I wanted to fill you in as much as I can.

                      I live a short drive and a boat ride away from Seattle. Man, if I'd
                      known you were going to be up here I probably would've headed over.

                      Keith
                      --
                      Keith Davies
                      keith.davies@...

                      PCGen: <reaper/>, smartass
                    • Strom McLeod
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002
                        --- In pcgen@y..., "Stuart Updegrave" <stuart@m...> wrote:
                        > I posted them yesterday; for those watching at home, here's the slo-mo
                        > replay:
                        > Anthony.Valterra@w...; Andrew.Smith@w...

                        Yahoo strips the email addresses out for safety reasons or whatnot...
                        If you're intent on posting your email address, I suggest skipping the
                        'at' sign or replacing it with some other symbol like *
                      • Patrick R. Sklenar
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002
                          On Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:57:24 -0000, Strom McLeod wrote:

                          > --- In pcgen@y..., "Stuart Updegrave" <stuart@m...> wrote:
                          > > I posted them yesterday; for those watching at home, here's the slo-mo
                          > > replay:
                          > > Anthony.Valterra@w...; Andrew.Smith@w...
                          >
                          > Yahoo strips the email addresses out for safety reasons or whatnot...
                          > If you're intent on posting your email address, I suggest skipping the
                          > 'at' sign or replacing it with some other symbol like *

                          Anthony (dot) Valterra (at) wizards (dot) com
                          Andrew (dot) Smith (at) wizards (dot) com

                          --
                          pat----

                          pat@... ---===--- http://www.sklenar.info/
                        • James Wright
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002
                            On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:45:07PM +0000, merton_monk wrote:
                            As many of you are probably aware, Mynex and I flew out to Seattle to
                            press our case for the non-SRD material being included in PCGen, and
                            now that I'm home I wanted to fill you in as much as I can.

                            I live one state away if i had know what day i would have been up there

                            James