RE: [pcgen] Re: Install help needed

  • Stuart Updegrave
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2002
      > From: scott_c_nolan [mailto:nolan@...]
      >

      > Method One -
      >
      > 1) I downloaded all three zip files into a folder called "PCGEN".
      > 2) I extracted all three zip files into folders with the names
      > [...]
      >
      > Method Two -
      >
      > 1) I downloaded all three zip files into a folder called "PCGEN".
      > 2) I extracted all three zip files into folders with the names
      > "PCGEN411_part1of3", "PCGEN411_part2of3" & "PCGEN411_part3of3".
      > > [...]

      You should override the default extraction path at time of unzip. I
      personally have a /download/ directory where I store all d/l'ed
      versions, then create version-specific folders for extraction. Thus,
      v4.1.1 is extracted to \pcgen\4.1.1\.

      This is what works for me. Not saying it will work for you. Howerver,
      I do encourage you to extract all into the same target folder to start
      with.

      Good luck, Scott.

      cheers,
      ~stuart
    • scott_c_nolan
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2002
        Okay. Don't know -why- that worked, but it did. Thank you.

        Scott

      • Ian Dale
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2002
          --- In pcgen@y..., "scott_c_nolan" <nolan@e...> wrote:
          > Okay. Don't know -why- that worked, but it did. Thank you.
          >
          > Scott

          As long as it works, right? :) (I would have thought that your method
          #2 would have worked, but all I can figure is that either something
          got missed, or else somehow some path information got saved in the
          files when they got unzipped.)

          -Ian
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2002
            The error was probably from the options.ini file which was created when the
            jar file from method #1 was started. It would still have references to the
            old location. If that was deleted, I reckon method #2 would have worked.

            James Dempsey
            JDempsey@...
            PCGEN Code Monkey