Re: [pcgen] French Translation Update

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      This has been added to CVS.

      James Dempsey
      JDempsey@...
      PCGEN Code Monkey

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "bulldozer3ca" <bulldozer@...>
      To: <pcgen@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 9:57 AM
      Subject: [pcgen] French Translation Update

      > Based on the most recent link sent by James Dempsey,
      > I have added many variables that where missing from the initial
      > English version that I got.
      >
      > I have also made corrections to some descriptions, as received from
      > Luc by email.
      >
      > Please verify if you can...
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Bulldozer
    • Luc Hermitte
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        "bulldozer3ca" <bulldozer@...> wrote in

        > Based on the most recent link sent by James Dempsey,
        > I have added many variables that where missing from the initial
        > English version that I got.
        >
        > I have also made corrections to some descriptions, as received from
        > Luc by email.
        >
        > Please verify if you can...

        Hum... I h'ave finally completly messed up with my last post to this
        list. So.

        Regarding :
        * in_companions: you were right. "Compagnons" is much more accurate
        than "Familier" ...
        * Actually, it seems that this string in_companions appears twice ; the
        'i' must be dismissed -> s/compagnions/compagnons/
        * in_subschool is translated by "branche" in the books.
        * I don't know how the in_acceptPant(One|Two) will be used by PCGen.
        May be will will have to correct it because of words order that differs
        between French and English ... e.g.
        in_acceptPantOne = Accepter ... appartient au panth�on
        in_acceptPantTwo = .

        * in_demWorAlign, I'd replace "des" by "aux"
        -> Alignements permis _aux_ adorateurs
        * in_demAdv : s/Advanc�/Avanc�/
        * in_clChangCl : s/lister/pr�senter ou �num�rer
        * in_clUdXP : s/:/ :/ (l'espace ins�cable qui doit pr�c�der les ':' en
        fran�ais)

        * in_deityHolyIt : I've checked the documentation about the .lst file
        format and I haven't found any tag for holy items. The holy symbol does
        not exist anymore, only the holy weapon remains. As I guess the
        documentation to be a little bit old, can anyone tell us what are the
        Holy Anythings that can be associated to Deities ?
        At this time, I suspect the HolyItem to actually be a HolyWeapon.
        Otherwise on frjj, I've been proposed an interresting translation :
        "Saint objet".