Help with file

  • raththebrn
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2002
      I'm trying to add the Artificer prestige class from Heroes of High
      Favor:Dwarves to my campaign. I'm having trouble with a couple of the
      bonuses the class grants. I'm not sure how to add either of:

      1. For the purpose of item creation only, the Artificer gets to add
      his class level to his previous spellcasting classes to determine
      caster level. (The Artificer gets a bonus Item Creation feat every
      other level. How can I add Artificer and Spellcaster levels together
      to meet the prerequisites for the Item Creation feats?)

      2. The Artificer adds his class level as a bonus to all Use Magic
      Device checks.

      Thanks.
    • Ian Dale
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "raththebrn" <Raththebrn@a...> wrote:
        > 2. The Artificer adds his class level as a bonus to all Use Magic
        > Device checks.

        On the class line or level 1 line, add:

        BONUS:SKILL|Use Magic Device|CL

        CL means "the current class's level". Check the docs for more info,
        under the "BONUS" and "DEFINE" pages. The BONUS page will show some
        other things you can add bonuses to, and the DEFINE page will give
        you a list of some of the predefined variables (like CL) that you can
        use, and how to define your own. :)

        Hope this helps,
        -Ian
      • raththebrn
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
          Thanks for the tip. Although that didn't work, however, using
          CLASSLEVEL=Artificer DID work.

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@y..., "raththebrn" <Raththebrn@a...> wrote:
          > > 2. The Artificer adds his class level as a bonus to all Use Magic
          > > Device checks.
          >
          > On the class line or level 1 line, add:
          >
          > BONUS:SKILL|Use Magic Device|CL
          >
          > CL means "the current class's level". Check the docs for more info,
          > under the "BONUS" and "DEFINE" pages. The BONUS page will show some
          > other things you can add bonuses to, and the DEFINE page will give
          > you a list of some of the predefined variables (like CL) that you
          can
          > use, and how to define your own. :)
          >
          > Hope this helps,
          > -Ian
        • Ian Dale
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
            Hmm. According to my understanding (which since I'm no PCGen code
            monkey is limited to docs and my own experience), CL, CL=Assassin and
            CLASSLEVEL=Assassin should all do the same thing when used in the
            Assassin class.

            But I guess not. Maybe one of the code monkeys could enlighten us to
            why using CL might not've worked for you, though. (Since my usage of
            CL has been met with success.)

            *shrug* As long as it works, though, right? :)

            -Ian