French Translation Update

  • bulldozer3ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
      Based on the most recent link sent by James Dempsey,
      I have added many variables that where missing from the initial
      English version that I got.

      I have also made corrections to some descriptions, as received from
      Luc by email.

      Please verify if you can...

      Thanks,
      Bulldozer
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        This has been added to CVS.

        James Dempsey
        JDempsey@...
        PCGEN Code Monkey

        > Based on the most recent link sent by James Dempsey,
        > I have added many variables that where missing from the initial
        > English version that I got.
        >
        > I have also made corrections to some descriptions, as received from
        > Luc by email.
        >
        > Please verify if you can...
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Bulldozer
      • Luc Hermitte
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
          "bulldozer3ca" <bulldozer@...> wrote in

          > Based on the most recent link sent by James Dempsey,
          > I have added many variables that where missing from the initial
          > English version that I got.
          >
          > I have also made corrections to some descriptions, as received from
          > Luc by email.
          >
          > Please verify if you can...

          Hum... I h'ave finally completly messed up with my last post to this
          list. So.

          Regarding :
          * in_companions: you were right. "Compagnons" is much more accurate
          than "Familier" ...
          * Actually, it seems that this string in_companions appears twice ; the
          'i' must be dismissed -> s/compagnions/compagnons/
          * in_subschool is translated by "branche" in the books.
          * I don't know how the in_acceptPant(One|Two) will be used by PCGen.
          May be will will have to correct it because of words order that differs
          between French and English ... e.g.
          in_acceptPantOne = Accepter ... appartient au panth�on
          in_acceptPantTwo = .

          * in_demWorAlign, I'd replace "des" by "aux"
          -> Alignements permis _aux_ adorateurs
          * in_demAdv : s/Advanc�/Avanc�/
          * in_clChangCl : s/lister/pr�senter ou �num�rer
          * in_clUdXP : s/:/ :/ (l'espace ins�cable qui doit pr�c�der les ':' en
          fran�ais)

          * in_deityHolyIt : I've checked the documentation about the .lst file
          format and I haven't found any tag for holy items. The holy symbol does
          not exist anymore, only the holy weapon remains. As I guess the
          documentation to be a little bit old, can anyone tell us what are the
          Holy Anythings that can be associated to Deities ?
          At this time, I suspect the HolyItem to actually be a HolyWeapon.
          Otherwise on frjj, I've been proposed an interresting translation :
          "Saint objet".