Re: Possible Bug

  • steveculshaw
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 30, 2002
      When I tried it, the Feat stayed
      Only way I solved it, was to create a new character in 4.1.0 :-(

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Ian Dale" <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
      > They added a bonus feat for all first level characters in 4.0.0,
      but
      > the LST files weren't updated to reflect this, so all races had
      one
      > too many feats. 4.1.0 fixed this by removing that first level
      bonus
      > feat. If you create a new character in 4.1.0, you should just see
      the
      > 2 feats. Not sure what happens with a 4.0.0 character if you just
      > load it in 4.1.0....
      >
      > -Ian
      >
      > --- In pcgen@y..., "Kevin Colagio" <kcolagio@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I don't know if this has been reported, and I haven't really
      been
      > able
      > > to duplicate it (but I haven't tried every possible combination
      > > either)....but it was rather interesting.
      > >
      > > Here's what happened.
      > >
      > > Note: I did change from the last version of the 3.x series (3.11
      > > think) to 4.0.0 to 4.1.0 ...so it may have been picked up
      somewhere
      > > along the line...but I'm not sure.
      > >
      > > Using the AD&D source books (all 4), I created a Human Cleric of
      2nd
      > > level. Said cleric, as expected, should have had 2 feats
      > > available...he had 3.
      > >
      > > Every other character I created after that one also had 1 more
      feat
      > > than they should have (humans had 3, other races had 2).
      > >
      > > Granted, I could go in and edit the character files after saving
      > (and
      > > exiting) to refelct the correct number of feats (and PC Gen did
      keep
      > > it accurate then), but that seemed like a work around.
      > >
      > > Just wanted to mention it in case someone 1) had seen it before
      or
      > 2)
      > > knew what caused it or 3) could tell me what I did wrong.
      > >
      > > Later.
      > >
      > > Kevin Colagio
    • bladestrike21
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 4, 2003
        I just Downloaded and installed the new Pcgen. I was trying to build
        a character quickly for an online game. I was going to us a
        Template, when I noticed that none of the templates had the ECLs
        listed, I looked through the races, none of them had the ECLs
        either. Was this a error just in my files or did those get dropped
        for some reason.

        The sources I was user were The Core Rule Books 1, 2, an 3. Nothing
        else was loaded.
      • Eric Beaudoin
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 4, 2003
          At 08:36 2003.04.04, bladestrike21 wrote:
          >I just Downloaded and installed the new Pcgen. I was trying to build
          >a character quickly for an online game. I was going to us a
          >Template, when I noticed that none of the templates had the ECLs
          >listed, I looked through the races, none of them had the ECLs
          >either. Was this a error just in my files or did those get dropped
          >for some reason.
          >
          > The sources I was user were The Core Rule Books 1, 2, an 3. Nothing
          >else was loaded.

          There are no Level Adjustement in the SRD. When the SRD files where cleaned up for OGL compliance, the ECL were removed. In any cases, the only book from the three core books that has ECL is the DMG and only a relative few race are listed.

          You will have to wait for Code Monkey Publishing to release Savage Species to get the level adjustements (or maybe they will be incorporated in the 3.5 SRD).

          Best

          √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
          <mailto:beaudoer@...>
        • jeffcook31
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 24, 2004
            Hey all...

            I am creating a Gold Dwarf Barbarian using 3.5 SRD and various Data
            Sets from Code Monkey specific to the Forgotten Realms. I am trying to
            give him a Dwarven Urgrosh, but it states that he is not proficient
            with that weapon. It does show him as proficient with the Dwarven
            Waraxe. Both weapons are listed in the 3.5 PH as being useable by a
            dwarf as Martial Weapons, not Exotic.

            Am I just missing someting or is this possibly a bug?

            Thank you.

            Jeff C.
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 24, 2004
              Talk to Code Monkey Publishing.

              I have no problems with the normal RSRD dwarf having both as a martial
              proficiency.

              Tir Gwaith
              LST Chimp

              > Hey all...
              >
              > I am creating a Gold Dwarf Barbarian using 3.5 SRD and various Data
              > Sets from Code Monkey specific to the Forgotten Realms. I am trying to
              > give him a Dwarven Urgrosh, but it states that he is not proficient
              > with that weapon. It does show him as proficient with the Dwarven
              > Waraxe. Both weapons are listed in the 3.5 PH as being useable by a
              > dwarf as Martial Weapons, not Exotic.
              >
              > Am I just missing someting or is this possibly a bug?
              >
              > Thank you.
              >
              > Jeff C.
            • taluroniscandar
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 24, 2004
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jeffcook31" <valerius@c...> wrote:

                > Hey all...
                >
                > I am creating a Gold Dwarf Barbarian using 3.5 SRD and various Data
                > Sets from Code Monkey specific to the Forgotten Realms. I am trying to
                > give him a Dwarven Urgrosh, but it states that he is not proficient
                > with that weapon. It does show him as proficient with the Dwarven
                > Waraxe. Both weapons are listed in the 3.5 PH as being useable by a
                > dwarf as Martial Weapons, not Exotic.
                >
                > Am I just missing someting or is this possibly a bug?
                >
                > Thank you.

                Hm, hate to de a borken record but...
                isn't the Gold Dwarf from the CMP dataset. Need to ask there. To check
                you can look and see if the CHANGEPROF tag is in the gold dwarf writeup.
              • Paul W. King
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 16, 2007
                  > It has to do with the fact that the way that PCGen calculates
                  > your BAB and Saves that stop their normal progression at 20th
                  > level is to remove all of the levels above 20th, look up the
                  > piece of information that is needed on the 20th level character
                  > and then put all of the levels back again. When doing a refresh
                  > of the character it can do this 40 or 50 times for each
                  > variable...

                  Is there a way to clean that up so it doesn't have to do so many refreshes?

                  Paul W. King
                  PR SB, BoD
                • Tom Parker
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 16, 2007
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:
                    > Is there a way to clean that up so it doesn't have to do so many
                    refreshes?

                    I opened a tracker to look at the performance issues pre and post
                    level 20... though it might be a week or two before I get to it.