Hello Folks

  • charwomangene
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2002
      Hi.

      I'm one those "Master Tools" supporters who spat on PCGen in its
      early incarnations. I tried the software several times, always got
      disgusted with the gui, and deleted it.

      I bought E-tools, and while it does some things well, it really won't
      work for most stuff I need from it.

      So, I took a look at the latest PC Gen version, and it is about a
      billion times better than when I rejected it.

      I have started to convert my philosophy. I have some questions.

      1) Is there any good "How-To" on adding classes and stuff to PCGen?
      I'd like to add the splat books to PCGen myself until WotC gives the
      OK.

      2) I'm a decent Java coder. How can I help make PCGen Better?
    • chris
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 28, 2002
        The Docs should do that.. I think it will be another week before they
        will catch up..

        > 1) Is there any good "How-To" on adding classes and stuff to
        PCGen?
        > I'd like to add the splat books to PCGen myself until WotC gives
        the
        > OK.

        I will let the higher evolved answer that.. I am just a minor lst
        lemur at this point ;-)

        > 2) I'm a decent Java coder. How can I help make PCGen Better?
      • bd_92
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 29, 2002

          > 2) I'm a decent Java coder. How can I help make PCGen Better?

          there ya go...
        • Sussenberger, John
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 30, 2002
            Wow !!!

            I remember reading your posts on ENWorld. Welcome to the cult, purple
            robes are in the closet, iced tea is in the fridge :)

            The documentation is usually behind the beta releases by a week or so,
            but since the tags in the LST files do not change too much, you should
            be able to use a week old set of docs.

            One good method (that I use many times) is to look at other files for
            things that mimic what you are trying to do. Usually you can just cut
            and paste.

            As for help with coding (Java), I'm sure that Bryan (Merton Monk) or
            someone else can hook you up with CVS access.

            If you need more info or if someone does not respond (as things do get
            lost in the mail list), let me know and I will hoot and holler for
            attention :)

            -John-

            I'm one those "Master Tools" supporters who spat on PCGen in its
            early incarnations. I tried the software several times, always got
            disgusted with the gui, and deleted it.

            I bought E-tools, and while it does some things well, it really won't
            work for most stuff I need from it.

            So, I took a look at the latest PC Gen version, and it is about a
            billion times better than when I rejected it.

            I have started to convert my philosophy. I have some questions.

            1) Is there any good "How-To" on adding classes and stuff to PCGen?
            I'd like to add the splat books to PCGen myself until WotC gives the
            OK.

            2) I'm a decent Java coder. How can I help make PCGen Better?

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • bd_92
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 30, 2002
              --- In pcgen@y..., "Sussenberger, John" <john.sussenberger@l...>
              wrote:
              > Wow !!!
              >
              > I remember reading your posts on ENWorld. Welcome to the cult,
              purple
              > robes are in the closet, iced tea is in the fridge :)

              grape koolaid....
            • James Wright
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 30, 2002
                wrote:
                > Wow !!!
                >
                > I remember reading your posts on ENWorld. Welcome to the cult,
                purple
                > robes are in the closet, iced tea is in the fridge :)

                grape koolaid....

                Mountation Dew.....hmmmmm

              • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 30, 2002
                  Right if the original poster could please contact me off-boards, we'll get
                  you started 8-)

                  Karianna

                  PCGEN Moderator