Re: Printing lists

  • hennebeck@mindless.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., hennebeck@m... wrote:
      > Is there an easy way to print out the .lst in a nice format.
      > I'm thinking of just the prestige classes.
      > or all the cleric spells.
      > or maybe the feat list.
      > Just wondering.

      I didn't get any answer to this.
      I was hoping for just a list of the names or certain weapon attributes.
      If I could print all the feats, then my group could see what was
      available, all-inclusive with all the campaigns that I allow.

      Also, about those unknown Spellbooks, what was the answer on that?
      My wizard still has a book that he doesn't know all the spells from yet.

      Thanks.
      Majyk Mykel
    • Brad Stiles
      Message 2 of 7 , May 6, 2001

        > --- In pcgen@y..., hennebeck@m... wrote:
        > > Is there an easy way to print out the .lst in a nice format.
        > > I'm thinking of just the prestige classes.
        > > or all the cleric spells.
        > > or maybe the feat list.
        > > Just wondering.
        >
        > I didn't get any answer to this.
        > I was hoping for just a list of the names or certain weapon attributes.
        > If I could print all the feats, then my group could see what was
        > available, all-inclusive with all the campaigns that I allow.

        You could probably import the files into Excel, or some other spreadsheet
        program. Most of them allow for importing tab-delimited files.
      • Kent at home
        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2001
          From: "Brad Stiles"
          > > --- In pcgen, hennebeck wrote
          > > > Is there an easy way to print out the .lst in a nice format.
          > > > I'm thinking of just the prestige classes.
          > > > or all the cleric spells.
          > > > or maybe the feat list.
          > > > Just wondering.
          > >
          > > I didn't get any answer to this.
          > > I was hoping for just a list of the names or certain weapon attributes.
          > > If I could print all the feats, then my group could see what was
          > > available, all-inclusive with all the campaigns that I allow.
          >
          > You could probably import the files into Excel, or some other spreadsheet
          > program. Most of them allow for importing tab-delimited files.

          Or any word processor where you can set the tab stops after you import it.

          Kent's 2 cents
          (Adjusted for Inflation)
        • mocha@mcs.net
          Message 4 of 7 , May 6, 2001
            If you just want the names then load the files into Excel and print
            just the first column.

            For the spellbooks - what you want isn't possible yet, though it is a
            good idea. Currently PCGen assumes that any spells you have (via the
            Spells tab) are ones you know. How about entering the spellbooks into
            the Magic Items text area in the Misc. tab? Just remember not to use
            any : in the description. I think I'll add support for entering
            'known' vs 'acquired' spells to the features request file - it would
            be neat to be able to track those the same way you track known spells.

            -Bryan

          • hennebeck@mindless.com
            Message 5 of 7 , May 6, 2001
              > > You could probably import the files into Excel, or some other
              spreadsheet
              > > program. Most of them allow for importing tab-delimited files.
              >
              > Or any word processor where you can set the tab stops after you
              import it.

              I don't understand, can you give me an example for Excel or Microsoft
              Word.Thanks.

              Majyk Mykel
            • Kent at home
              Message 6 of 7 , May 7, 2001
                > > > You could probably import the files into Excel, or some other
                > spreadsheet
                > > > program. Most of them allow for importing tab-delimited files.
                > >
                > > Or any word processor where you can set the tab stops after you
                > import it.
                >
                > I don't understand, can you give me an example for Excel or Microsoft
                > Word.Thanks.
                >
                > Majyk Mykel

                i) If You have Excel, that is by far the simplest.
                1) a) Drag the list you want to look at over top of your Excel program
                Icon and it out to open it
                1) or b) From the Excel "open" window, change the type-popup from
                "Excel files" to "all files [*.*] Then maneuver to your PCGen folder and
                open the appropriate list file.

                2) Once it's there, drag over any column headers of information you
                don't want and select [MENU-EDIT] [delete]

                3) select any columns that you do want, then either:
                a) place your mouse over one of the between column bars so it turns
                into the sizing tool then double click.
                b) select [MENU-FORMAT] [column] [autofit selection]
                either of which will adjust the size of the columns so that all text
                is visible.

                ii) In Word, open the .lst file by either of the two methods (a or b)
                above, select all the text, then add, delete, and move tab markers on the
                ruler bar till you get what you like. It will be much more difficult to
                delete extraneous information unless you convert the text to a table first
                which is a whole nother ball game.

                Good luck and feel free to email if you need further assistance.

                Kent's 2 Cents
                (Adjusted for Inflation)