Dodge bonuses

  • langeleb
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 27, 2002
      Since my game's taken a few weeks off, I'm in the process of creating
      all the list files necessary for my particular campaign. Coming
      across a few issues though. Here's the first:

      -Racial dodge bonus of +4 AC at all times.

      Is there a tag that can be used to make an AC bonus a dodge bonus? I
      need this to properly calculate a character's AC based on situation,
      since Dodge bonuses are negated by the same situations that negate
      DEX bonuses. In effect, I want a character's Flat-Footed AC and Touch
      AC to be properly calculated.
    • STILES, BRAD
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 27, 2002

        Does doing something like "BONUS:COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Dodge" not do what you
        want?
      • langeleb
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 29, 2002
          --- In pcgen@y..., "STILES, BRAD" <BRAD.STILES@s...> wrote:
> [...]

          ooooh ooooh. now that sounds about right. Didn't know Dodge was a
          TYPE. I'll give it a try. Thanks much ;-)
        • monch9ph
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 30, 2002
            Now that someone mentioned it.

            What's the difference between

            TYPE=Deflection
            TYPE=Dodge

            Which one comes off the Flatfoot/Touch AC?

            Monch

            --- In pcgen@y..., "langeleb" <lange72@h...> wrote:

          • Timothy J. Lanza
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 30, 2002
              At 03:59 AM 9/30/2002, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@...> wrote:
              >Now that someone mentioned it.
              >
              >What's the difference between
              >
              >TYPE=Deflection
              >TYPE=Dodge
              >
              >Which one comes off the Flatfoot/Touch AC?

              Deflection bonuses are included in both Flat-Footed and Touch AC.

              Dodge bonuses are /not/ included when Flat-Footed.

              Deflection and Dodge (assuming you're not Flat-Footed, too) are among the small number of bonuses that you keep versus a Touch attack.

              --
              Timothy J. Lanza
            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 30, 2002
                Well deflection is passive (some spells give you this), whilst dodge is
                active. If you are flat footed you get deflection but not dodge.

                James Dempsey
                JDempsey@...