Considering the translations...

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 26, 2002
      Since the German and French varieties have been posted.... could
      anyone manage to translate it into Klingon? Now *that* would be
      funny. :)

      -Bryan
    • pcswear00
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 26, 2002
        > Since the German and French varieties have been posted.... could
        > anyone manage to translate it into Klingon? Now *that* would be
        > funny. :)
        >
        > -Bryan

        FYI Klingon was based on a Native Indian dialect, I believe Lacota.
      • Anders Lundman
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 26, 2002
          > > Since the German and French varieties have been posted.... could
          > > anyone manage to translate it into Klingon? Now *that* would be
          > > funny. :)
          > >
          > > -Bryan
          >
          > FYI Klingon was based on a Native Indian dialect, I believe Lacota.

          If there is a big interest I could give it a shot. Won't be useful for most people but fun anyway ...

          /Anders
        • Mynex
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 26, 2002
            Well then we can go from International to Interstellar. :p

            Anyone care to do Tolkein Elvish?

            Or Romulan and Vulcan? Might not be useful, but funny as hell. :p

            And since it's text (i.e. not spoken) how about Tolkein Dwarven Runes?
            ;p

            Mynex
            - #1 Evil Assistant
            - List & Doc Silverback
            - Reviewer RPG Reviews

            > > Since the German and French varieties have been posted.... could
            > > anyone manage to translate it into Klingon? Now *that* would be
            > > funny. :)
            > >
            > > -Bryan
            >
            > FYI Klingon was based on a Native Indian dialect, I believe Lacota.

            If there is a big interest I could give it a shot. Won't be useful for
            most people but fun anyway ...

            /Anders
          • Emily Smirle
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 26, 2002
              merton_monk wrote:

              >Since the German and French varieties have been posted.... could
              >anyone manage to translate it into Klingon? Now *that* would be
              >funny. :)

              Oh gawd, you think canadian-vs-continental french was bad... aren't
              there about three or four different transliteration methods for Klingon?
            • Emily Smirle
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 26, 2002
                pcswear00 wrote:

                >FYI Klingon was based on a Native Indian dialect, I believe Lacota.

                Only a little (and it's native american Language, not dialect. There
                were over a hundred languages in north america before european arrival).
                It's also based on german, spanish, and some african languages IIRC. A
                native Lacota speaker is never going to understand Klingon, and vise versa.

                Anyone feel like translating the GUI into Lacota, while we're on the topic?

                Emily
                (For any GURPSNET people: Lacotas! Buiscut eating, battle-suit wearing
                Lacotas!)
              • pjak
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 27, 2002
                  --- In pcgen@y..., Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
                  > (For any GURPSNET people: Lacotas! Buiscut eating, battle-suit
                  wearing
                  > Lacotas!)

                  Wielding Katanas!

                  /Jonas, thinking that we must definitely have a Lakota translation. :)
                • Benjamin Pew
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 27, 2002
                    I don't know anyone who speaks Lacota, but I do have a friend who could
                    probably translate it into Kek'chi. Of course, since most native speakers of
                    Kek'chi live in an area without electricity, I don't imagine too many of
                    them use PCGen...

                    >FYI Klingon was based on a Native Indian dialect, I believe Lacota.

                    Only a little (and it's native american Language, not dialect. There
                    were over a hundred languages in north america before european arrival).
                    It's also based on german, spanish, and some african languages IIRC. A
                    native Lacota speaker is never going to understand Klingon, and vise versa.

                    Anyone feel like translating the GUI into Lacota, while we're on the topic?

                    Emily
                    (For any GURPSNET people: Lacotas! Buiscut eating, battle-suit wearing
                    Lacotas!)

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=233217.2395914.3827946.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
                    61:HM/A=1227861/R=0/*http://ads.track-star.com/linker.ts?ts=1;2;312;3_2_11>

                    <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=233217.2395914.3827946.2225242/D=egroupmai
                    l/S=:HM/A=1227861/rand=522770064>

                    <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net>
                    <http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen>
                    <http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen>

                    <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                  • José de Paula Eufrásio Júnior
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 28, 2002
                      If the PCGen crew wishes, I can translate the interface to Brazilian
                      Portuguese... I already do it with man pages and KDE programs in
                      Linux...

                      just let me know.

                      []s
                      core
                      "The information WANTS to be free"
                      "Long live GPL. Support Free Software"
                      http://coredump.osimortais.com.br/index.php blog
                    • merton_monk
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 28, 2002
                        --- In pcgen@y..., José de Paula Eufrásio Júnior <jpej@t...> wrote:
                        > If the PCGen crew wishes, I can translate the interface to
                        Brazilian
                        > Portuguese... I already do it with man pages and KDE programs in
                        > Linux...
                        >

                        > just let me know.

                        That would be very nice. I have a friend in Madison WI who speaks
                        Portuguese, but I haven't asked him to translate the interface. Go
                        ahead and translate the interface file and upload it to the yahoo
                        board here where the other translations have been placed. Thanks.

                        -Bryan

                        > []s
                        > core
                        > "The information WANTS to be free"
                        > "Long live GPL. Support Free Software"
                        > http://coredump.osimortais.com.br/index.php blog
                      • Lonestar
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 29, 2002
                          p> --- In pcgen@y..., Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
                          >> (For any GURPSNET people: Lacotas! Buiscut eating, battle-suit
                          p> wearing
                          >> Lacotas!)

                          p> Wielding Katanas!

                          p> /Jonas, thinking that we must definitely have a Lakota translation. :)

                          I volunteer to do the Sindarin and Quenya translations ;-)

                          Best regards,
                          Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
                        • ortheri
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 29, 2002
                            With this many planned translations I better move my ass and get the
                            main english file done.

                            Mario

                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 30, 2002
                              > --- In pcgen@y..., José de Paula Eufrásio Júnior <jpej@t...> wrote:
                              > > If the PCGen crew wishes, I can translate the interface to
                              > Brazilian
                              > > Portuguese... I already do it with man pages and KDE programs in
                              > > Linux...
                              > >

                              > > just let me know.
                              >
                              > That would be very nice. I have a friend in Madison WI who speaks
                              > Portuguese, but I haven't asked him to translate the interface. Go
                              > ahead and translate the interface file and upload it to the yahoo
                              > board here where the other translations have been placed. Thanks.

                              wth are the conversion file? :)

                              I'll this today.

                              Keep in mind that Brazilian Portuguese is slightly different from
                              Portugal's Portuguese (they can understand, of course, but is
                              different).

                              gb
                              []s
                              coredump